0800 0567 253
Dates and Enrolment for this course here:
Please note you may only enrol on one course at a time, however you may enrol on additional courses upon completion of your current course.
To meet the funding requirements of this course:
- You must be aged 19 years or over as of 31/08/2021
- You must have lived in the EU for the last three years
- You must currently reside in England
- If you are aged 19-23 and do not already hold a Full Level 2 Qualification we will need to discuss options with you prior to commencing your course.
You will need to understand that:
- This is a Level 2 qualification and a reasonable level of English is beneficial to completing
- The typical duration of this course is 12 weeks and self-commitment should be made to allow yourself time to provide detailed responses to the assignments.
- We recommend spending a minimum of 2-4 hours per week on this course
Are you looking to complete your diabetes training online? This qualification will provide you with an understanding of the different types of diabetes and how they can occur as well as increasing your knowledge on diabetes diagnosis and initial care. You will develop an awareness of how Type 2 diabetes can be delayed with lifestyle changes and will learn about on-going care and treatment of diabetes to control blood sugar levels.
There are more than four million people currently living with diabetes in the UK, and experts predict that this number will reach six million within the next 12 years. As the prevalence of diabetes continues to increase, it is crucial that the people affected become fully aware of how they can adapt their lifestyles to monitor and manage the condition effectively.
By completing this course, you will not only gain a nationally recognised qualification, but will also improve your understanding of the different forms, causes and risk factors of diabetes, becoming aware of the best way to manage, monitor and control it.
This course would benefit anyone currently working, or looking to work, in the healthcare sector who wishes to learn more about the different types of diabetes, and demonstrate a willingness to care for people living with the condition.
This course is split into four manageable units:
Unit 1: Understand diabetes
Unit 2: Prevention and early intervention of Type 2 diabetes
Unit 3: Understanding the initial care of diabetes
Unit 4: Understanding the treatment and management of diabetes
Benefits of completing this course. You will:
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Improve your skills to help create a long-standing career pathway in your chosen industry
- Choose when and where to study, as courses are delivered as distance learning
- Have the support you need to succeed, as personal tutors are assigned to you.
How will I learn?
You will study via an online platform or if preferred you can have paper booklets to research and to submit your answers.
With you every step of the way!
- Get more from your online courses, let us help you succeed with bespoke packages led by our dedicated online support team
- Occupational specialists and tutors just a click away to support you
- Access to a free online community for those suffering with adverse mental health, 24 hours a day
- Enjoy incredible discounts while you study with your NUS/Totum student card
- New to online learning? Require additional support? Let us help you with each step you take.
For more information about this course please email [email protected]Download course information in PDF format