About the Application Process
We highly recommend submitting Bursary applications before 18th August as funding is limited and may be depleted before your course starts.
- Applications will be processed in order of submission.
- If the supporting evidence is not uploaded, then your application will not be considered complete and will not be looked at.
- We will start sending out award/decline decisions from August 2021.
- There are 3 decision statuses. These are ‘Award’, ‘Green Decline’ and ‘Red Decline’, (see Q&A below for more details).
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your bank details are correct and updated/amended if required.
- Any debt to the College remains yours until the relevant financial support application has been awarded.
To Apply for Financial Support
- To submit a financial support application, you will first need to register with PayMyStudent. PayMyStudent is a secure system that is compliant with GDPR.
- Once you have completed your registration, log into PayMyStudent and complete the financial support questionnaire. Whilst completing the questionnaire you will be given the opportunity to apply for funding offers that are relevant. For example: Free College Meals (16-18 and 19+ EHCP), Childcare Support (20+) and Fee Waivers/Legal Entitlements to support with tuition fees (19+).
- If you tick to say you are interested in Childcare Support or a Fee Waiver/Legal Entitlement, then a further questionnaire(s) will be generated for you to complete. You will find the questionnaire(s) on the front page when you log into your PayMyStudent account.
- Award/Decline notification letters will be sent via email to the email address provided as the main address on the learner’s course enrolment form.