SGS College | Be Outstanding

Covid Update

On Tuesday 29 March, the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, Sajid Javid, set out the next steps for living with COVID-19 in England from Friday 1 April.

Updated guidance advises:

  • Adults with the symptoms of a respiratory infection, and who have a high temperature or feel unwell, should try to stay at home and avoid contact with other people until they feel well enough to resume normal activities and no longer have a high temperature.
  • Children and young people who are unwell and have a high temperature should stay at home and avoid contact with other people. They can return to college when they no longer have a high temperature, and are well enough to attend.
  • Adults with a positive COVID-19 test result should try to stay at home and avoid contact with other people for 5 days, which is when they are most infectious. For children and young people aged 18 and under, the advice is 3 days.

For education and childcare settings from Friday 1 April:

  • Regular asymptomatic testing is no longer recommended in any education or childcare setting, including in SEND, alternative provision and children’s social care settings. Therefore, we will no longer be able to order test kits .



Our team is here to help you integrate successfully into the College and your new life in the UK.

International Students

Moving to the UK to study while experiencing a new country and a new culture is both exciting and daunting. SGS College provides a safe, welcoming, supportive environment for international students. We'll help you to settle into your new life, with support and guidance throughout your time at college, a wide variety of qualifications for you to choose from and an excellent reputation for success.

Explore our Campuses

Check out everything each campus has to offer and discover the opportunities SGS students have available to them every day.

Make the Most of Your Time on Campus

SGS campuses provide exceptional, state-of-the-art facilities to ensure you're in an environment where you can focus on your further. Our facilities ensure you have the tools you need to get the most out of your time at SGS.

See Our Campuses

Our Campuses

South Gloucestershire & Stroud College New Road, Stoke Gifford, Bristol, BS34 8LP

SGS Stroud Campus
South Gloucestershire & Stroud College Stratford Road, Stroud, Gloucestershire GL5 4A

SGS Filton Campus
South Gloucestershire & Stroud College Filton Avenue, Bristol BS34 7AT

SGS Berkeley Green UTC
Gloucestershire Science & Technology Park Berkeley, GL13 9PA

SGS Clifton Campus
Bristol Zoo Gardens, Bristol, BS38 3HA

SGS Queens Road Campus
Queens Road, Bristol, BS8 1PX

Courses for International Students

International students at SGS College can choose from a wide range of courses at various levels from Level 3 and above. Each course has its own specific entry requirements.

Tuition fees 2024/2025

Learners coming from Overseas

Level: Level 3
Fees: £9,000
Fee Timescale: per annum

Level: Level 4 and above
Fees: £11,750
Fee Timescale: per annum

Learners coming from the EU, EEA, Switzerland, Norway, Liechtenstein, or Iceland

Level: Level 3 (A Levels, BTEC)
Fees: £9,000
Fee Timescale: per annum

Level: Level 4/5 (HNC & HND)
Fees: £6,000
Fee Timescale: per annum

Level: Level 4/5 (Foundation Degree)
Fees: £7,995
Fee Timescale: per annum

Level: Level 6 (Degree)
Fees: £8,500
Fee Timescale: per annum

How to Apply

Applying at SGS College is easy and free! Out dedicated staff will help you every step of the way. If you are ready to apply now, please complete the application form.

To download our part-time and full-time guides, degree and university prospectuses or an application form, please follow the link below.

Find Guides, Prospectuses and Application Forms

How to Apply for a Visa from Outside the UK

  • You cannot apply for a visa more than six months before your course start date if applying outside the UK.
  • You'll need your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) statement from SGS College.
  • All visa applicants are required to provide biometric data and some applicants will also need to undergo health (tuberculosis) screening.
  • Complete the application form and return it to [email protected].
  • Apply for your visa via the website.

Digital Resources

Find Resources

Documents You Will Need

Passport - Your current passport and any previous passports that you have which contain a UK visa.

Financial Documents - Documents which prove you have the required funds available to you. If you are a new student, you will need to show that you have a minimum of £1023 per month to cover the first 9 months of your course (£9207), plus any outstanding tuition fees for the first year of your course.

The funds detailed above need to be evidenced in a bank account for a minimum of 28 consecutive days and your bank statement must be no more than one calendar month old (using the date of the closing balance) on the date you make your visa application.

Bank statements, bank letters and savings books (for an account in your name) are all considered acceptable financial documents.

If you are being officially financially sponsored, you will need a letter from your sponsor confirming the sponsorship arrangements, to include how much money you have been awarded, what the money is intended to be used for and the dates the sponsorship is valid for.

If you are relying on money held in a parent/ legal guardian's bank account you will need:

  • Your original birth certificate/ certificate of adoption / court statement (showing the name of the parent/ legal guardian(s) providing the funds), and
  • Your parent/ legal guardian's bank statement, and
  • An original signed and dated letter from your parent / legal guardian confirming their relationship with you and that they give consent to making their funds available to you.

If you are using overseas currency, the Home Office will expect you to show the closing balance in pounds sterling using the official exchange rate on the OANDA website. Please write directly on your bank statement the amount in GBP sterling of the closing balance, the date of the conversion and confirmation that you used

Qualifications - Evidence of previous qualifications mentioned in the 'Evidence' section of your CAS.

A Medical Certificate - Please see the information on Health (Tuberculosis) Screening on the Home Office website.

All documents submitted which are not in English must be accompanied by a full translation that can be checked by UK Visas and Immigration. The translation must contain:

  • Confirmation that it is an accurate translation of the original document;
  • The date of the translation;
  • The translator's full name, contact details and signature;
  • The translator's qualification or credentials.

How the UK's 'red list' impacts international students and travel - Learn more

UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA)