Useful information and documents to guide you through taking exams at SGS.
Gen yourself up on our exams policies...
These documents have been written to help you stay within examination regulations.
Please read them carefully.Download Social Media and Exams/Assessments Info for Candidates
Download Written Exams Info for Candidates
Download Privacy Notice Info for Candidates
Download On-Screen Exams Info for Candidates Download Non-Exam Assessments Info for Candidates
Download Coursework Info for Candidates
Submit an exams entry form:
Completing a form:
- Download an exam entry form by clicking the button below.
- Fill out all required fields.
- Once completed, please find instructions on submitting the form at the top of the document.
Download an exams timetable
When will results be available?
GCSE November 2022 results will be available from 12th January 2023.
- Ensure you bring your college ID to all exams.
- Mobile phones and any type of watch must be switched/taken off and left in bags at the front of the room or in the tray provided. Failure to do this may result in disqualification.
- You should arrive at your room 15 minutes before the exam start time.
- Bring all stationery/permitted equipment you will need for the exam in a clear plastic bag or clear pencil case.
- Pens used must be black ink not gel pen, blue is not permitted.
- Once in the exam room talking to peers is not permitted. If you have any concerns raise your hand to alert the invigilator.
- Follow the instructions of the invigilator at all times, and read instructions printed on the exam paper or on the computer screen carefully - Do not start until instructed by the invigilator.
If you have any concerns regarding your exams please email the exams offices on [email protected] (Stroud campus) or [email protected] (Filton, WISE & Queens Road campuses).
Illness & Absence
If you are too unwell or unable to attend your exam, in the first instance you must let your tutor know and then inform the college exams office at the relevant site.
There is a student absence section on the SGS website under 'Students' - 'Portal and Resources' regarding the procedure, with contact details should you be unable to contact your tutor.
The college exams office emails for you to inform us of your absence are as follows: [email protected] (for Filton, WISE or Queens Road), and [email protected] (for Stroud or Berkeley).
These are quick links to our learner support and payment pages…
When you need to pay for an exam, review of marking or returned script we will set up a payment on our payment portal. It will usually take up to 24 hours to update this. We will email you a link although the payment portal can be accessed by going on to the website and searching for the payment portal, and clicking on exams.
Once you have received this link you will need to enter your learner number (on your lanyard) and your date of birth. You then choose the relevant option and make your payment. Payment Portal (sgscol.ac.uk)
Should you need any support from our wellbeing team the website page link is below Student Support (sgscol.ac.uk)
Our dedicated and experienced Learning Support Team works across all of our campuses to provide tailored support to students who need it on all courses and levels. Should you need this support the website page link is below: Learning Support (sgscol.ac.uk)
Replacement Certificates & Exam Board Webpage Links
If you have not received your certificate, in the first instance please check with your local Royal Mail delivery office. If this is unsuccessful please contact the relevant college exam office (email addresses below) to see if it has been returned to us as undeliverable.
If it hasn't you may need to order a replacement certificate from the relevant exam board. Below are the links to the individual exam board websites. If you need to know which exam board you sat with please contact the exams office by email below at the relevant campus. [email protected] [email protected].Read More
Ofqual Information for Parents and Students
Ofqual's Chief Regulator Dr Jo Saxton has also written an open letter to parents to explain arrangements and the support in place for exams this summer, as well as the information available to students.
We have also updated our blog on everything you need to know about this exams season, including the latest information on what support is in place for students and how grading will work.
Download other useful resources for examsExams Stress
Exam Equipment Checklist
Day of the exam
Get in touch with us for more info!
Filton / WISE / Queens Road Campuses
0117 9092357 / 0117 9092269
Stroud & Berkeley Campuses
01453 761263 / 01453 761156