Our Vision and Mission
South Gloucestershire and Stroud College's mission statement is:
'We positively change people's lives and add value to the social and economic well-being of our communities. We do this by providing high-quality, innovative, accessible education and training in a friendly culture of mutual respect and support.'
We are a college in and for the community, providing a wide range
of learning opportunities, where:
- Learners are treated as individuals and can progress on their journey from the age of 14.
- Courses are provided at every level up to at least Level 3, so learners have a choice that is commensurate with their ability, and with delivery to suit their needs.
- Ambition is fostered and progression is encouraged, whether into further courses, higher education or employment.
- We have a visionary and innovative way of providing appropriate, relevant and innovative learning for all those engaged in classroom-based, work-based and community learning.
- Learners are prepared for employment, or further progression, with the aim of producing well-rounded individuals who can fit in with and contribute to society.
- There is an inclusive environment for staff and learners, with equality of opportunity and respect for diversity.
- Learning is fun and teaching and learning will excite and inspire.
- The success of learners and staff is championed and celebrated.
- Each individual is treated with integrity, respect and dignity.
- A culture of openness prevails.
- Continuous improvement is expected.
- We are an integral part of the community, responding to and anticipating demand.