0800 0567 253
Dates and Enrolment for this course here:
L2 Certificate The Principles of End of Life Care Level 2 | Certificate in Principles of End of Life Care (RQF)Information Dates and Enrolment
Please note you may only enrol on one course at a time, however you may enrol on additional courses upon completion of your current course.
To meet the funding requirements of this course:
- You must be aged 19 years or over as of 31/08/2021
- You must have lived in the EU for the last three years
- You must currently reside in England
- If you are aged 19-23 and do not already hold a Full Level 2 Qualification we will need to discuss options with you prior to commencing your course.
You will need to understand that:
- This is a Level 2 qualification and a reasonable level of English is beneficial to completing
- The typical duration of this course is 12 weeks and self-commitment should be made to allow yourself time to provide detailed responses to the assignments.
- We recommend spending a minimum of 2-4 hours per week on this course
Approximately half of all deaths occur in a hospital, but hospitals were recently ranked the lowest in terms of the overall quality of care during the end of life period. Hospices were ranked the highest in terms of the quality of care and care homes were not far behind. This course aims to improve the quality of end of life care that is provided to individuals across all settings.
This period in a person’s life is the most sensitive and difficult to deal with for the individual, the family and any carers or staff members who work with the individual. If you work in or want to work in the healthcare sector or need to care for a loved one during this difficult time, this course is the perfect place to start and will help you provide quality end of life care.
The qualification is ideal for anyone who is already working in or intending to work in the healthcare or social care sector. It will provide you with knowledge and understanding of end of life care to support your role. The course may also be suitable for anyone who is caring for a loved one or family member during their final stages of life.
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study.
This course is split into 6 manageable units:
Unit 1: Understand how to work in end of life care
Unit 2: Care planning in end of life care
Unit 3: Understand how to provide support to manage pain and discomfort
Unit 4: End of life care and dementia
Unit 5: Understanding the role of the care worker in time of death
Unit 6: Understand loss and grief in end of life care.
Benefits of completing this course. You will:
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Improve your skills to help create a long-standing career pathway in your chosen industry
- Choose when and where to study, as courses are delivered as distance learning
- Have the support you need to succeed, as personal tutors are assigned to you.
How will I learn?
You will study via an online platform or if preferred you can have paper booklets to research and to submit your answers.
L2 Principles of Dementia CareLearn more
L2 Certificate in Caring for the ElderlyLearn more
With you every step of the way!
- Get more from your online courses, let us help you succeed with bespoke packages led by our dedicated online support team
- Occupational specialists and tutors just a click away to support you
- Access to a free online community for those suffering with adverse mental health, 24 hours a day
- Enjoy incredible discounts while you study with your NUS/Totum student card
- New to online learning? Require additional support? Let us help you with each step you take.
For more information about this course please email [email protected]Download course information in PDF format
Course information last updated: Tuesday 21st March 2023 @ 8.03am (22 hours ago)