0800 0567 253
Apply for this course here:
The purpose of the Level 3 Technical Qualification in Education and Early Years is to ensure students have the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed to progress into skilled employment as an Early Year Educator or Teaching Assistant, or into higher education to study Primary Teaching or another social science.
The course covers the following themes in:
- Wider Context
- Supporting Education
- Safeguarding, Health and Safety and Wellbeing
- Parent, Families and Carers
- Working with Others
- Child Development
- Observation and Assessment
- Reflective Practice
- Equality and Diversity
- Special Educational Needs and Disability
- English as an Additional Language
Early Years Educator: Performance outcome
- Support and promote children’s play, development and early education
- Develop relationships with children to facilitate their development
- Plan, provide and review care, play and educational opportunities to enable children to progress
- Safeguard and promote the health, safety and wellbeing of children
- Work in partnership with colleagues, parents, carers and other professionals to support children’s development
Teaching Assistant: Performance outcome
- Support the class teacher to enhance children’s education, individually and in groups
- Plan, provide and review educational opportunities in collaboration with teachers and other adults
- Safeguard and promote the health, safety and wellbeing of children and young people
- Recognise, adapt and respond to individual children’s needs, including those with SEND, to support development and access the curriculum
How will I know how I am doing?
- Year 1: Core Assessment is through 2 written examinations and an employer set project (ESP).
- Year 2: 3 assignments
What do I need to join?
5 GCSEs grade 4 or above including Maths and English. (To progress into higher education to study Primary Teaching, you will also need GCSE Science grade 4). A Clear enhanced DBS Certificate and preferably evidence of work experience in a nursery setting.
Maths & English
Numeracy and Literacy skills are embedded throughout the course.
A key component of all T Levels is that learners will undertake an Industry Placement. The Industry Placement will be:
750 hours for the early years route and 315 hours for teaching assistant route. Learners will receive help in securing their Industry Placement through our Work Placement Team here at SGS, who will work with employers to ensure that all relevant Health & Safety, relevant insurances and safeguarding measures are in place.
What can I do next?
Progress into skilled employment as an Early Year Educator or Teaching Assistant, or into higher education to study Primary Teaching or another social science.
course information last updated: Wednesday 21st February 2024 @ 10.52am (10 hours ago)