0800 0567 253
Dates and Enrolment for this course here:
Did you know one in four British adults experience at least one diagnosable mental health problem each year? The most common is mixed anxiety and depression, but there are many other issues which have a huge impact on a person’s life and the people around them.
Anyone who works around people with mental health problems needs to understand each condition fully. Likewise, anyone who has seen someone experience mental health problems would benefit from understanding the meaning, causes, effects, symptoms and management of the condition. This nationally recognised qualification covers all of these aspects and is the perfect place to start.
The qualification is suitable for anyone who wishes to increase their knowledge of mental health problems, the factors that cause mental ill-health and the ways that mental health problems can be managed. The course is also suitable for those who already work in this area, anyone who wants to secure a job linked to mental health and anyone who wants to gain more knowledge for personal reasons.
This course is split into thirteen manageable units:
- Unit 1: Understanding mental health
- Unit 2: Understanding stress
- Unit 3: Understanding anxiety
- Unit 4: Understanding phobias
- Unit 5: Understanding depression
- Unit 6: Understanding post-natal depression
- Unit 7: Understanding bipolar disorder
- Unit 8: Understanding schizophrenia
- Unit 9: Understanding dementia
- Unit 10: Understanding eating disorders
- Unit 11: Understanding Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Unit 12: Understanding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Unit 13: Understanding Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
The benefits to this course include;
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Improve your skills to help create a long-standing career pathway in your chosen industry
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where to study
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure you have the support needed to succeed. .
How will I learn?
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. Giving you the freedom to choose your learning schedule yourself whilst still gaining certification from your chosen subject.
We recommend spending a minimum of 2-4 hours per week on this course, with the length depending on the amount of study time you allocate however, we recommend completing within 12 weeks.
We appreciate this may be a new way of learning for many of you or there may be some further support required. If you find yourself feeling less than confident and look for additional support, we want to make sure we are there to offer that little bit extra and tailor it to your needs. This may include a phone calls or emails with one of our dedicated tutors and support staff to help guide you through your course.
If you have any questions about how you will learn place email [email protected].
To study this course you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be aged 19 years or over as of 31/08/2020
- You must have lived in the EU for the last three years
- You must currently reside in England
- You understand that this is a Level 2 qualification and a level of English and Math's is beneficial to completing
- You understand the typical duration of this course is 12 weeks and self-commitment should be made to allow yourself to provide detailed responses to the assignments
If you have any questions before you enrol please email [email protected]
DISTANCE LEARNING PLATFORM
The chosen platform for this course is EQUAL (The Skills Network). Online leraning allows learners to study at their own pace, in their own home or workplace learning centre at a time that fits around people's busy lives.
Following successful enrolment onto this course you will be provided with all the details required to login to your platform.
Please be aware this course does not have a fee that is payable on enrolment.
If you require financial support including payment plans, bursaries and advanced learner loans please visit the Money Management Service section of the website.
For more information on fees please view our Fees, Charges and Refunds Policy and our Applications, Admissions and Enrolment Policy and Procedures.
This course offers simpler and safer online enrolment requests, which means in a matter of minutes you can submit an enrolment request to us. However please be aware that upon submitting your enrolment form you are not guaranteed to be accepted. A number of our courses require assessments, qualification checks or simply a conversation with you before we can confirm your enrolment.
Within 24 hours of enrolment submission you will receive an automated email notification with information on what happens next.
Course information last updated: Friday 22nd January 2021 @ 8.30am (4 days ago)