0800 0567 253
Dates and Enrolment for this course here:
Please note you may only enrol on one course at a time, however you may enrol on additional courses upon completion of your current course.
- Advanced Learner Loans are available
- This course is FREE if you qualify to be funded by the National Skills
To qualify for funding
- You must be aged 19 years or over as of 31/08/2021
- You must have lived in the EU for the last three years
- You must currently reside in England
- You must not already have achieved a level 3 or higher qualification in any subject
- You must not hold two or more A Levels
- If you earn below £18,525 you may qualify to be funded even if you already hold a Level 3 qualification or higher or 2 or more A Levels.
You will be contacted to discuss your funding options following your enrolment.
This is a Level 3 qualification and a reasonable level of English is beneficial to completing. The typical duration of this course is 20 weeks and self-commitment should be made to allow yourself time to provide detailed responses to the assignments. We recommend spending a minimum of 4 hours per week on this course.
About this course
In 2015, only half of the people who expressed their home as their preferred place to die actually died in their own home. In the same year, hospices were ranked the highest in terms of the quality of care provided during the difficult end of life period. Care homes were ranked a close second, followed by individuals' homes in third, and finally hospitals in last place. This period in a person’s life is, without a doubt, the most sensitive and difficult to deal with due to the emotional and physical strain it places on the individual and their family, as well as any carers or staff members who work with the individual.
Our End of Life Level 3 course will provide extensive knowledge and understanding of end of life care. Explore themes and common core principles for end of life care and the range of possible approaches to this care. This qualification will provide information on how to support a person’s familial, spiritual, social and emotional needs and will prepare for confronting issues of death and bereavement within a role.
Unit 1: Understanding end of life care
This unit covers the range of different attitudes and emotive issues surrounding death and dying, as well as the current approaches to end of life care and the support services available.
Unit 2: Communication during end of life care
Learn the different communication skills required when administering end of life care, potential barriers to communication and how to overcome these in an effective, positive manner.
Unit 3: Assessment and care planning in end of life care
Explore and expand upon what is meant by both the holistic approach and the person-centred approach to assessment and care planning.
Unit 4: Person-centred approaches to end of life care
Explore the person-centred approach to end of life care by examining how to support the psychological, social, spiritual, religious, cultural and emotional needs of an individual.
Unit 5: Care during the final hours of life and bereavement care
This unit covers the sensitive approach needed when approaching death and the final hours of care. The process of grief and loss, how to support people following a bereavement and how to deal with your own feelings of grief are all considered here.
Benefits of completing this course. You will:
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Improve your skills to help create a long-standing career pathway in your chosen industry
- Choose when and where to study, as courses are delivered as distance learning
- Have the support you need to succeed, as personal tutors are assigned to you.
How will I learn?
You will study via an online platform or if preferred you can have paper booklets to research and to submit your answers.
With you every step of the way!
- Get more from your online courses, let us help you succeed with bespoke packages led by our dedicated online support team
- Occupational specialists and tutors just a click away to support you
- Access to a free online community for those suffering with adverse mental health, 24 hours a day
- Enjoy incredible discounts while you study with your NUS/Totum student card
- New to online learning? Require additional support? Let us help you with each step you take.
For more information about this course please email [email protected]Download course information in PDF format