0800 0567 253
Dates and Enrolment for this course here:
Many job roles involve interaction with customers, clients or colleagues to inform, advise or guide them, and there are many techniques it is important to be aware of in order to carry this out effectively.
This course aims to equip you with the practical skills needed to successfully convey information, advice or guidance in a wide range of situations and sectors. The course covers a variety of key topics crucial to providing an excellent and efficient service, including questioning, listening and communicating techniques, the importance of confidentiality and how to overcome barriers.
This course is suitable for anyone working in, or looking to work in, a role which involves the giving of information, advice or guidance. The knowledge gained by carrying out this qualification is transferable across a wide range of sectors, allowing you to apply it to your own employment context. The minimum age requirement is 16 years old.
This course is split into five manageable units:
- Unit 1: Information, advice or guidance in practice
- Unit 2: Developing interaction skills for information, advice or guidance
- Unit 3: Signposting and referral in information, advice or guidance
- Unit 4: Information, advice or guidance in context
- Unit 5: Skills for advice providers
Benefits to this course include;
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Improve your communication skills to help you create a long-standing career pathway in your chosen industry
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where to study
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.
How will I learn?
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. Giving you the freedom to choose your learning schedule yourself whilst still gaining certification from your chosen subject.
We recommend spending a minimum of 2-4 hours per week on this course, with the length depending on the amount of study time you allocate however, we recommend completing within 12 weeks.
We appreciate this may be a new way of learning for many of you or there may be some further support required. If you find yourself feeling less than confident and look for additional support, we want to make sure we are there to offer that little bit extra and tailor it to your needs. This may include a phone calls or emails with one of our dedicated tutors and support staff to help guide you through your course.
Online courses enable you to set your own learning pace with the added flexibility of working to your own schedule. No classroom attendance is required, giving you full control of your learning whilst still having access to our experienced teaching and learning staff as required.
If you have any questions about how you will learn place email [email protected].
To study this course you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be aged 19 years or over as of 31/08/2021
- You must have lived in the EU for the last three years
- You must currently reside in England
- You understand that this is a Level 2 qualification and a level of English and Math's is beneficial to completing
- You understand the typical duration of this course is 12 weeks and self-commitment should be made to allow yourself to provide detailed responses to the assignments
If you have any questions before you enrol please email [email protected]
With you every step of the way!
Get more from your online courses, let us help you succeed with bespoke packages led by our dedicated online support team:
- Occupational specialists and tutors just a click away to support you
- Expert digital team on hand to resolve IT issues
- Access to free online community for those suffering with adveres mental health, 24 hours a day
- Enjoy incredible discounts while you study with your NUS/Totum student card
New to online learning? Require additional support? Let us help you with each step you take.
For more information about this course please email [email protected].
Please be aware that some courses have fees that are payable on enrolment. More information on if this course has a fee can be found in the Availability section below.
If you require financial support including payment plans, bursaries and advanced learner loans please visit the Money Management Service section of the website.
For more information on fees please view our Fees, Charges and Refunds Policy and our Applications, Admissions and Enrolment Policy and Procedures.
This course offers simpler and safer online enrolment requests, which means in a matter of minutes you can submit an enrolment request to us. However please be aware that upon submitting your enrolment form you are not guaranteed to be accepted. A number of our courses require assessments, qualification checks or simply a conversation with you before we can confirm your enrolment.
Within 24 hours of enrolment submission you will receive an automated email notification with information on what happens next. Please add [email protected] to your safe sender list. Most email providers allow you to do this withing settings/options. For full instructions simply use your chosen search engine to find instructions on how to make emails as safe.