0800 0567 253
Dates and Enrolment for this course here:
Please note you may only enrol on one course at a time, however you may enrol on additional courses upon completion of your current course.
To meet the funding requirements of this course:
- You must be aged 19 years or over as of 31/08/2021
- You must have lived in the EU for the last three years
- You must currently reside in England
- If you are aged 19-23 and do not already hold a Full Level 2 Qualification we will need to discuss options with you prior to commencing your course.
You will need to understand that:
- This is a Level 2 qualification and a reasonable level of English is
beneficial to completing
the typical duration of this course is 12 weeks and self-commitment should be made to allow yourself time to provide detailed responses to the assignments.
- We recommend spending a minimum of 2-4 hours per week on this course
Many job roles involve interaction with customers, clients or colleagues to inform, advise or guide them, and there are many techniques it is important to be aware of in order to carry this out effectively.
This course aims to equip you with the practical skills needed to successfully convey information, advice or guidance in a wide range of situations and sectors. The course covers a variety of key topics crucial to providing an excellent and efficient service, including questioning, listening and communicating techniques, the importance of confidentiality and how to overcome barriers.
This course is suitable for anyone working in, or looking to work in, a role which involves the giving of information, advice or guidance. The knowledge gained by carrying out this qualification is transferable across a wide range of sectors, allowing you to apply it to your own employment context. The minimum age requirement is 16 years old.
This course is split into five manageable units:
Unit 1: Information, advice or guidance in practice
Unit 2: Developing interaction skills for information, advice or guidance
Unit 3: Signposting and referral in information, advice or guidance
Unit 4: Information, advice or guidance in context
Unit 5: Skills for advice providers
Benefits of completing this course. You will:
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Improve your skills to help create a long-standing career pathway in your chosen industry
- Choose when and where to study, as courses are delivered as distance learning
- Have the support you need to succeed, as personal tutors are assigned to you.
How will I learn?
You will study via an online platform or if preferred you can have paper booklets to research and to submit your answers.
With you every step of the way!
- Get more from your online courses, let us help you succeed with bespoke packages led by our dedicated online support team
- Occupational specialists and tutors just a click away to support you
- Access to a free online community for those suffering with adverse mental health, 24 hours a day
- Enjoy incredible discounts while you study with your NUS/Totum student card
- New to online learning? Require additional support? Let us help you with each step you take.
For more information about this course please email [email protected].Download course information in PDF format