Fee Payment GatewayTerms & Conditions
This payment facility is provided by South Gloucestershire and Stroud College and its third-party suppliers. The College may need to update these terms and conditions from time to time and any changes will be immediately effective. Please ensure you are aware of the current terms.
By accessing, browsing, using or submitting a payment through the South Gloucestershire and Stroud College ("College") payment facility you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms, please do not proceed with the submission of your payment.
If you have any queries relating to your use of this payment facility, please contact [email protected]
2. Terms and Conditions
Definitions & interpretation
The terms used in this agreement have the meanings set out below:
- "Card supplier" means the institution which owns the debit or credit card you are using on the payment facility.
- "Payment facility" means the internet-based payment system operated on behalf of the College.
- "Student account" means the account operated and maintained by the College to record the fees, charges, or other debts owed to it by an individual student.
- "Service provider" means the business entity (that is not a payment brand) directly involved in the processing, storage or transmission of cardholder data on behalf of the College.
- "Payment service provider" means the entity engaged by the College to process payment card transactions on our behalf.
- "The College" means South Gloucestershire and Stroud College.
- "You" means the individual setting up a payment via the payment facility.
All payments are subject to the following conditions:
- You warrant that in using the payment facility you are authorised to use the debit or credit card for the payment or payments you are making.
- Payments must be made in the currency in which you are invoiced. The student or third-party payer will be liable for any currency conversion costs or other charges that may be incurred in making the payment.
- The payment facility is for the payment of fees and charges in relation to fees (including, but not limited to, tuition, material, exam, membership and library).
- The College will endeavour to post funds received, to the student account to which you are making a payment, the following working day.
- The College cannot accept liability for a payment not reaching the correct student account due to you providing an incorrect account number or other incorrect details whether personal or otherwise.
- The College cannot accept liability for a payment not reaching the correct student account where payment is refused or declined by the card supplier for any reason.
- If the card supplier declines payment, the College is under no obligation to bring this fact to your attention. It is your responsibility to check with the card supplier that payment has been deducted from the debit or credit account.
- The College will not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of use of this site, any websites linked to this site, or the materials or information contained at any or all such sites, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, delict or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages.
3. Refund policy
Refunds may be issued in accordance with the Fees, Charges and Refund Policy.
Refunds, if applicable, can only be credited back to the debit/credit card used for the original transaction within 180 days of the transaction being paid. Refunds processed after 180 days will be made by bank transfer.
4. Security and data protection
The College and its third-party suppliers have used their reasonable endeavours to ensure that access to information you provide and the payments you make whilst using this site are secure.
All payment details which are entered through this payment facility are encrypted when the student, or third-party payer, enters them. Communications to and from the service provider’s site are entered on a secured page and transferred using SSL technology.
The College shall not be liable for any failure by the student or third-party payer to properly protect data from being seen on their screen by other persons or otherwise obtained by such persons, during the payment process or in respect of any omission to provide accurate information in the course of the payment process.
In this clause the term "personal data" is as defined in the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA).
The College will collect (or may already hold) the student’s personal data and that of the third party making the payment in accordance with its data privacy and protection policy. We hold this information securely in compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018, and any communication with us will be strictly confidential. We do not sell, licence or trade your personal information to third parties.
By agreeing to these terms and conditions, the student and any third party making payment, understands that their personal data, as detailed in clause above, will be processed as necessary by the
College and the payment service provider for sole purpose of the service provider offering and administering the payment facility to the student, or third-party payer making payment, pursuant to the underlying contract for services.
The student or third party making the payment is responsible for ensuring that all personal data provided to or held by the College and/or provided to the service provider and payment service provider is clear and accurate. The College will not be responsible for any losses suffered by the student, or third party making the payment, as a result of inaccurate information being provided to the College or the service provider or payment service provider.
The College may use the personal information provided to it to contact the student, or third party making the payment, to clarify or resolve any issues that arise in connection with any payment made using this facility in respect of the student’s accounts with the College.