0800 0567 253
Dates and Enrolment for this course here:
This course is aimed to help parents and carers understand the different mental health issues which a young adult may be experiencing.
Are you a parent/guardian or carer of a young adult and concerned about how to best support their mental health? The past few years have been challenging for many, especially our young adults who have been deprived of not just school, but social interaction and peer to peer relationship building.
This FREE 12 week course is delivered face to face at a community venue or online for those who would prefer. You will also have access to your tutor via weekly online discussions for further guidance between sessions. This course will be a safe space of mutual respect and confidentiality and all discussions will be treated with sensitivity.
Topics covered in the Programme:
- Managing your Wellbeing
- Methods of Communication
- Strategies around Behaviours that concern
- Understand cause and effect of Cyber Bullying
- Awareness of Self Harming behaviours
- Overview of Mental Health concerns
- Working with our reactions
- Definitions of a crisis and where to seek support
- Awareness of Stress and stress Management
- Introduction to Mindfulness and Strategies around living mindfully.
- Evaluation, next steps and celebration of success.
For further information please email [email protected]Download course information in PDF format