0800 0567 253
Dates and Enrolment for this course here:
Instalment plans available Learn more
What is involved in studying for this course?
You will be required to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of early years
education and care, including:
• Supporting and promoting children’s early education and development, planning and providing effective care and learning that enables children to progress and prepares them for School
• Making accurate and productive use of assessment, developing effective and informed practice
• Safeguarding and promoting the health, safety and well-being of children
• Working in partnership with the key person, colleagues, parents and/or carers or other professionals
To achieve this, you must achieve 64 credits from a list of mandatory units entitled:
• Developing effective study skills
• Promoting partnership working with parents
• Modelling, promoting and supporting positive behaviour with children
• Principles of safeguarding policies and procedures in early years settings
• Promoting diversity, equality and inclusion in the early years sector
• Working in partnership with colleagues and other professionals in early years settings
• Planning and implementing activities, play opportunities and educational programmes in an early years setting
• Promoting children’s health and welfare in an early years setting
• Promoting the health and safety of children
• Promoting children’s speech, language and communication development
• Supporting organisational requirements for recording, storing and disclosing information and providing reports in an early years setting
• Supporting children’s creative and imaginative play and experiences
• Supporting children experiencing transitions and significant events in the early years sector
• Continuous professional development using reflective practice in the early years sector
• Child development from conception to 7 years
• Observation and assessment in the early years sector
How will I be assessed?
You will be required to complete a portfolio of evidence and will be assigned an experienced, qualified assessor who will assess your competency in the real work environment, together with your knowledge and understanding, using methods such as direct observation, oral and written questions and case studies. There are also four graded assignments which include a longitudinal study.
Do I need to be working to take the qualification?
Yes, you will need to be working in an early years setting as you will need to demonstrate competence in both knowledge and skills. In some instances, you may be accepted onto the course if you are volunteering or undertaking a work placement role and this can be discussed and agreed on an individual basis prior to application.
English and Maths requirements
You will be required to undertake Level 2 functional skills qualifications in maths and English if you have not previously achieved Level 2 or GCSE at Grades C/4 or above in both subjects. This is the requirement for you to obtain a licence to practice on completion of your Diploma. You may choose to undertake these subjects prior to commencing your Diploma or at the same time.
What is the age range of this qualification?
The age range for this qualification is 0-7 years.
For more information email [email protected].
For more information about this course please email [email protected].
Please be aware that some courses have fees that are payable on enrolment. More information on if this course has a fee can be found in the Availability section below.
If you require financial support including payment plans, bursaries and advanced learner loans please visit the Money Management Service section of the website.
For more information on fees please view our Fees, Charges and Refunds Policy and our Applications, Admissions and Enrolment Policy and Procedures.
This course offers simpler and safer online enrolment requests, which means in a matter of minutes you can submit an enrolment request to us. However please be aware that upon submitting your enrolment form you are not guaranteed to be accepted. A number of our courses require assessments, qualification checks or simply a conversation with you before we can confirm your enrolment.
Within 24 hours of enrolment submission you will receive an automated email notification with information on what happens next. Please add [email protected] to your safe sender list. Most email providers allow you to do this within settings/options. For full instructions simply use your chosen search engine to find instructions on how to make emails as safe.