0800 0567 253
Dates and Enrolment for this course here:
What is involved in studying this course?
This qualification meets the needs of candidates who work or want to work in a wide range of children and young people’s settings covering the age range 0-7 years.
This qualification has been designed to:
- Provide a broad understanding of the children and young people’s workforce sector and an introduction to the practical skills and knowledge required
- Allow learners to learn, develop and practise selected skills required for progression in the sector
How will I be assessed?
You will be required to complete a portfolio of evidence and will be assigned an experienced, qualified assessor who will assess your competency in the real work environment, together with knowledge and understanding using methods such as direct observation, oral and written questioning and case studies.
Topics covered will include:
- Exploring roles and development opportunities in early years settings
- Child development from birth to 7 years
- Safeguarding babies and young children in early years settings
- Supporting health and safety in early years settings
- Promoting well-being in early years settings
- Supporting effective communication in early years settings
- Supporting activities, purposeful play and educational programmes
- Understand how to support children with special educational needs and/or disabilities
- Working with parents, colleagues and other professionals in early years settings
Do I need to be working to take the qualification?
Yes, you will need to be working in an appropriate setting as you need to show competence in both knowledge and skills. In some instances volunteering or work placement may be acceptable, but will need to be discussed before entry on an individual basis.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION DUE TO THE IMPACT OF COVID-19
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic we may need to take a number of measures that could affect our planned delivery method. For example; planned on site delivery may take a blended approach; a mixture of classroom based and online activities. We will endeavour to ensure course information, including delivery method and pricing, is updated when changes are having to be made. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us before completing an enrolment form.
For information on how this may impact early years courses please email [email protected]
Please be aware this course has a fee that is payable on enrolment. If you require financial support including payment plans, bursaries and advanced learner loans please visit the Money Management Service section of the website.
For more information on fees please view our Fees, Charges and Refunds Policy and our Applications, Admissions and Enrolment Policy and Procedures.
This course offers simpler and safer online enrolment requests, which means in a matter of minutes you can submit an enrolment request to us. However please be aware that upon submitting your enrolment form you are not guaranteed to be accepted. A number of our courses require assessments, qualification checks or simply a conversation with you before we can confirm your enrolment.
Within 24 hours of enrolment submission you will receive an automated email notification with information on what happens next.
Course information last updated: Thursday 28th January 2021 @ 8.30am (6 hours ago)