0800 0567 253
Dates and Enrolment for this course here:
Please note you may only enrol on one course at a time, however you may enrol on additional courses upon completion of your current course.
To meet the funding requirements of this course:
- You must be aged 19 years or over as of 31/08/2021
- You must have lived in the EU for the last three years
- You must currently reside in England
- If you are aged 19-23 and do not already hold a Full Level 2 Qualification we will need to discuss options with you prior to commencing your course.
You will need to understand that:
- This is a Level 2 qualification and a reasonable level of English is
beneficial to completing
the typical duration of this course is 12 weeks and self-commitment should be made to allow yourself time to provide detailed responses to the assignments.
- We recommend spending a minimum of 2-4 hours per week on this course
You will need to be working in the care sector to enable you to successfully complete this course, if you have any questions regarding this please email [email protected].
The NHS spent more than £6.8 billion on medicines in 2015-16 and experts believe that more than 50% of all medication is prescribed, dispensed or sold inappropriately every single year. Furthermore, half of all patients in the UK fail to take their medication correctly. These facts can often lead to disastrous consequences, especially when medication ends up in the wrong hands.
By completing this course, you will not only gain a nationally recognised qualification, but will also develop and improve your knowledge and skills in the handling of medication in health and social care.
This qualification is ideal for anyone who works in the healthcare sector or anyone who wishes to work in this sector in the future. The qualification is also suitable for anyone who handles medication while in a caring role.
This course is split into four manageable units:
Unit 1: Understand medication and prescriptions
Unit 2: Supply, storage and disposal of medication
Unit 3: Understand the requirements for the safe administration of medication
Unit 4: Record keeping and audit processes for medication
Benefits of completing this course. You will:
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Improve your skills to help create a long-standing career pathway in your chosen industry
- Choose when and where to study, as courses are delivered as distance learning
- Have the support you need to succeed, as personal tutors are assigned to you.
How will I learn?
You will study via an online platform or if preferred you can have paper booklets to research and to submit your answers.
With you every step of the way!
- Get more from your online courses, let us help you succeed with bespoke packages led by our dedicated online support team
- Occupational specialists and tutors just a click away to support you
- Access to a free online community for those suffering with adverse mental health, 24 hours a day
- Enjoy incredible discounts while you study with your NUS/Totum student card
- New to online learning? Require additional support? Let us help you with each step you take.
For more information about this course please email [email protected].Download course information in PDF format