0800 0567 253
Dates and Enrolment for this course here:
With approximately 15% of people being affected by Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLDs), it is important for individuals to develop their understanding of what SpLDs are and how they can affect the lives of those impacted by them. From dyslexia and dyscalculia to ADHD and DCD, there are many types of SpLD and some people are affected by more than one. This course will help to identify ways of supporting individuals with dyslexia and other SpLDs.
By completing the course, learners will develop their knowledge and understanding of dyslexia and other Specific Learning Difficulties. The units and topics included are ideal for learners who are looking to support individuals with SpLDs in any environment, be it at home, in the workplace, or in schools.
This course is ideal for learners who wish to develop their knowledge and understanding of Specific Learning Difficulties. This could include teaching staff that wish to further their understanding of dyslexia, ADHD and other Specific Learning Difficulties, as well as employers who are looking for ways to support their workforce. This course is suitable for learners aged 16 or above.
Studying via distance learning means learners can choose when and where they study.
This course is split into five manageable units:
- Unit 1: Understand Specific Learning Difficulties
- Unit 2: Understand the Effects of Specific Learning Difficulties
- Unit 3: Understand the Diagnosis of Specific Learning Difficulties
- Unit 4: Understanding Supporting Individuals with Specific Learning Difficulties
- Unit 5: Understand the Context of Specific Learning Difficulties.
The benefits to this course include;
- Gain an NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties
- Develop an enhanced knowledge of dyslexia and other Specific Learning Difficulties
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing learners to choose when and where they study
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure learners have the support needed to succeed.
How will I learn?
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. Giving you the freedom to choose your learning schedule yourself whilst still gaining certification from your chosen subject.
We recommend spending a minimum of 2-4 hours per week on this course, with the length depending on the amount of study time you allocate however, we recommend completing within 12 weeks.
We appreciate this may be a new way of learning for many of you or there may be some further support required. If you find yourself feeling less than confident and look for additional support, we want to make sure we are there to offer that little bit extra and tailor it to your needs. This may include a phone calls or emails with one of our dedicated tutors and support staff to help guide you through your course.
To study this course you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be aged 19 years or over as of 31/08/2021
- You must have lived in the EU for the last three years
- You must currently reside in England
- You understand that this is a Level 2 qualification and a level of English and Math's is beneficial to completing
- You understand the typical duration of this course is 12 weeks and self-commitment should be made to allow yourself to provide detailed responses to the assignments
For more information about this course please email [email protected].
Please be aware that some courses have fees that are payable on enrolment. More information on if this course has a fee can be found in the Availability section below.
If you require financial support including payment plans, bursaries and advanced learner loans please visit the Money Management Service section of the website.
For more information on fees please view our Fees, Charges and Refunds Policy and our Applications, Admissions and Enrolment Policy and Procedures.
This course offers simpler and safer online enrolment requests, which means in a matter of minutes you can submit an enrolment request to us. However please be aware that upon submitting your enrolment form you are not guaranteed to be accepted. A number of our courses require assessments, qualification checks or simply a conversation with you before we can confirm your enrolment.
Within 24 hours of enrolment submission you will receive an automated email notification with information on what happens next. Please add [email protected] to your safe sender list. Most email providers allow you to do this within settings/options. For full instructions simply use your chosen search engine to find instructions on how to make emails as safe.