Whether you're a top-level athlete or you just want to give something a go, you can get involved with American Football here at SGS Sport. We have Elite level sports Academies and a National Premier Division Adult team, as well as grassroot flag and social/participation teams for all ages.
- The Bristol Academy PRIDE has seen unparalleled player success in its 13 seasons.
- Two players on active NFL rosters (Alex Jenkins, New Orleans Saints then New York Giants and Santigie Sankoh, Cleveland Browns).
- Titige Sankoh taken 3rd over all in the CFL International Players Draft.
- Alex Jenkins made an active roster (St Louis) in the XFL.
- 30 players have progressed into the NCAA and many more at Junior College and Prep and High Schools (at teams such as West Virginia, Boise State, William & Mary, UIW, North Texas, Illinois, Augustana, Austin, Northwestern Oklahoma, LA Verne, North Texas, St Xavier, Buena Vista, Concordia Saint Paul, Snow, Sierra and Kent Prep).
- More than 30 professional contracts in Europe (including GFL1 and ELF teams Frankfurt Universe, Potsdam Royals, Schwabisch Hall Unicorns and Cologne Crocodiles) and nearly 100 players receiving international caps.
PRIDE recruits from all over Europe, including players from Holland, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, Germany, France, Italy and Spain.
Grassroots Flag Football
Interested in trying something new? A fun, non-contact game of American Football for those born 2006-2010.Explore Flag Football
U19 Community Football
Interested in trying something new? Try fully-kitted American Football, for those born 2002-2005.Explore U19
Adult Div. 2 Football (Apache)
Interested in trying something new? Try fully-kitted American Football. For those born 2001 and later.Explore Adult Div. 2
Prem. Football (Aztecs)
Are you an elite level athlete looking for a new challenge? Join the only Prem Team in the South West.Explore Prem. Football
Up to 16 Hours per Week of Training from Top-level Coaches
Those in either the College or University Academy receive up to 16 hours per week of training through a combination of field, class and gym work, from full-time American Football Academy coaches Ben Herod, Anthony Fitzpatrick, Ashley Hopkinson, Max Denning, Damon Kirby and William Crowfoot. They are supported by a full-time sports therapist department. Their job is to make sure that you are helped back to full fitness quickly from any injuries you may incur. William Crowfoot is your Strength and Conditioning Coach to help you get bigger, faster, stronger in our large gym facility.
We’re in BUCS!
The Bristol Academy PRIDE now has a degree team playing in BUCS!
SGS College is now an excellent place to earn your degree in Sport, Business, Media, Sports Journalism, Fashion and Sports Business.
All of this alongside the PRIDE’s standard of 16 hours a week Football practice, video analysis and gym. We also make sure that all our Degree students get use of a brand new F7 Helmet from Schutt.
Trail Blazing Success
The original Bristol Academy PRIDE team started back in 2008 and has enjoyed wins over the French National Team, Great Britain National Team, Dutch National Team, French Pole Revolution, German GFL Champions the Cologne Crocodiles, as well as Premiership BUCS Teams such as Birmingham University. If you are looking to study your Btecs or ALevels alongside playing American Football at the highest level then we have a track record unlike anyone else in Europe.
How to Apply
If you are looking to join our College Academy on a full time Level 1-3 course on either a BTEC or A-Level program then please apply online for the course you want below.
Degree Program and UCAS
If it is our degree program you are interested in then please click below to see the full list of courses we offer. Then for help with applying through UCAS please email Bev Awre ([email protected]).University Courses
When sending in your application please make sure that you email our Head of American Football, Benjamin Herod ([email protected]), with your footballing CV.
This should include your full name, position, club, international caps, height, weight, link to highlights. We also accept applications from those new to the sport for those we will just need your full name, height and weight and a brief description of your background in other sports.