Welcome to Work-Based Learning for the Care and Early Years Sectors at SGS College
We are pleased to offer courses for the care and early years sectors for those aged 19 and above, and ranging from online CPD courses to full diplomas (formerly NVQs). We will be delighted to meet with employers and individuals at any time to discuss all your wider training needs.
All of our courses can be started at any time of the year and run for between 12 weeks and 2 years depending on the level and complexity.
Click on the course titles below to view course content.
We have a dedicated team of assessors who are experienced and knowledgeable, having previously worked in their relevant sector.
For further information on your chosen course and advice on how we can work with you to deliver our courses in a way that will suit your individual and business needs, please call or email:
CPD for Care | Online Distance Learning
- Level 2 Certificate in Introducing Caring for Children and Young People
- Understanding Autism
- Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties
- Understanding Children and Mental Health
- Understanding Common Childhood Illnesses
- Principles of Team Leading
- Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Common Health Conditions
- Falls Prevention Awareness
- Information, Advice and Guidance
- Improving Service Users' Experience in Health and Social Care
- Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Principles of Dementia Care
- Principles of End of Life Care
- Understanding Behaviour that Challenges
- Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes
- Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication
- Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection
- Dignity and Safeguarding in Health and Social Care
- Equality and Diversity
- Understanding Nutrition and Health
- Cleaning Principles