What is involved in studying this course?
This qualification meets the needs of candidates who work or want to work in a wide range of children and young people’s settings covering the age range 0-7 years.
This qualification has been designed to:
- Provide a broad understanding of the children and young people’s workforce sector and an introduction to the practical skills and knowledge required
- Allow learners to learn, develop and practise selected skills required for progression in the sector
How will I be assessed?
You will be required to complete a portfolio of evidence and will be assigned an experienced, qualified assessor who will assess your competency in the real work environment, together with knowledge and understanding using methods such as direct observation, oral and written questioning and case studies.
Topics covered will include:
- Exploring roles and development opportunities in early years settings
- Child development from birth to 7 years
- Safeguarding babies and young children in early years settings
- Supporting health and safety in early years settings
- Promoting well-being in early years settings
- Supporting effective communication in early years settings
- Supporting activities, purposeful play and educational programmes
- Understand how to support children with special educational needs and/or disabilities
- Working with parents, colleagues and other professionals in early years settings
Do I need to be working to take the qualification?
Yes, you will need to be working in an appropriate setting as you need to show competence in both knowledge and skills. In some instances volunteering or work placement may be acceptable, but will need to be discussed before entry on an individual basis.
For further information please contact Karen Ashley
Course information last updated: Monday 24th February 2020 @ 8.30am (9 hours ago)