Nutrition is the key to a healthy body and mind, and understanding the values of a diet and exercise plan is an important part of maintaining overall well-being.
This nationally recognised qualification explores influential factors such as the principles of healthy eating and weight management. The course also introduces nutrition in the context of eating disorders, and explains how to prepare food safely in a home environment. Whether you want to improve your knowledge around diet and health for personal reasons, or wish to develop your employment opportunities, this course provides a comprehensive understanding of the key topics surrounding nutrition and health.
Who is suitable?
The qualification is ideal for anyone who wishes to develop their knowledge and skills surrounding diet and health, different forms of nutrition, planning a weight management programme and food safety awareness.
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study.
This course is available:
- Paper-based learning with online assessments.
No exams just assessments
What you will learn
This course is split into six manageable units:
- Unit 1: Explore principles of healthy eating
- Unit 2: Consider nutritional needs of a variety of individuals
- Unit 3: Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet
- Unit 4: The principles of weight management
- Unit 5: Understanding eating disorders
- Unit 6: Principles of food safety for the home environment
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Improve your skills to help create a long-standing career pathway in your chosen industry
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where to study
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.
Course information last updated: Monday 24th February 2020 @ 8.30am (9 hours ago)