What is involved in studying this course?
This qualification meets the needs of candidates who work or want to work in a wide range of children and young people’s settings, covering the age range 0–19 years.
This qualification has been designed to:
- Provide a broad understanding of the children and young people’s workforce sector and an introduction to the practical skills and knowledge required
- Allow learners to learn, develop and practice selected skills required for progression in the sector
- Provide opportunities for progression onto the Level 3 Diploma and other related qualifications in the sector
How will I be assessed?
You will be required to complete a portfolio of evidence and you will be assigned an experienced, qualified assessor who will assess your competency in the real work environment, together with your knowledge and understanding, using methods such as direct observation, oral and written questioning and case studies.
Topics covered will include:
- Introduction to communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Introduction to personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Introduction to equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Child and young person development
- Contribute to the support of child and young person development
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Contribute to children and young people’s health and safety
- Support children and young people’s positive behaviour
- Contribute to the support of positive environments for children and young people
- Understand partnership working in services for children and young people
- Maintain and support relationships with children and young people
Do I need to be working to take the qualification?
Yes, you will need to be working in an appropriate setting as you need to show competence in both knowledge and skills. In some instances, volunteering or work placement may be acceptable but will need to be discussed before entry on an individual basis.
For further information, please contact Karen Ashley:
Course information last updated: Thursday 21st November 2019 @ 10.39am (6 hours ago)