0800 0567 253
Enrol for this course here:
The new Diploma in Human Resource Practice provides a firm foundation in all the areas of HR, as well as an understanding of HR in a business context. It will help you to develop practical, essential HR skills and, above all, it will give you the confidence to become more effective at work and add value to your HR function.
It will provide candidates with the following knowledge:
- A sound understanding of the knowledge, skills and behaviour required of a professional HR practitioner, whether their role is generalist or specialist in nature – for example, resourcing
- An understanding of how HR activities support an organisation’s strategy and assist the achievement of business objectives, and how these are shaped by internal and external factors
- The ability to analyse HR information and present findings to inform decision-making
Completion of the DHRP provides the knowledge required for assessment for the new associate professional level of CIPD membership. If you are able to demonstrate your Certificate knowledge in the workplace through membership assessment (assessing workplace activities and behaviours), you will be awarded the new associate professional level of membership, with designatory letters.
This course is being delivered via a blended approach, which combines online learning at home and also a set number of hours in class. For more information email [email protected]
How will I know how I am doing?
The Diploma is a foundation-level qualification which is designed to reflect the CIPD HR Profession Map and the new professional membership criteria. You will learn through a combination of taught sessions, activities based on case studies and private study.
Assessment is through assignment work.
The Diploma is made up of the following modules:
- Developing yourself as an effective HR or L&D practitioner
- Understanding organisations and the role of HR
- Recording, analysing and using HR information
- Resourcing talent
- Supporting good practice in managing employment relations
- Supporting good practice in performance and reward management
The Diploma is ideal for candidates if:
- You are new to HR
- You are interested in moving into HR
- You are working in HR in a support role and wish to develop your knowledge and skills
- You are a line manager who is involved in HR or has responsibility for HR activities and decisions within an organisation, without a specialist function
- You work in HR but do not have sufficient qualifications to undertake CIPD intermediate or advanced-level qualifications
For more information about entry requirements please contact [email protected].
What can I do next?
Learners who successfully complete the programme could go onto our Level 5 Diploma in Human Resource Pracetice or/and work towards chartered membershi of the Institute of Personnel and Development. If you would like to discuss progression options more please get in touch with us at [email protected].
Our qualified careers advisers can help our part-time learners understand your life and work choices, identify your values and work styles and offer valuable tools which enable you to transfer this effectively to the workplace. Whether it be job change, promotion or re-entering the employment market after a time away, we offer 1:1 confidential, impartial and unbiased guidance, CV Writing, apprenticeship advice, self-reflection (understanding your strengths) and advice on the various routes into all sorts of jobs.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION DUE TO THE IMPACT OF COVID-19
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic we may need to take a number of measures that could affect our planned delivery method. For example; planned on site delivery may take a blended approach; a mixture of classroom based and online activities. We will endeavour to ensure course information, including delivery method and pricing, is updated when changes are having to be made. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us before completing an enrolment form.
For information on how this may impact professional courses please email [email protected]
Please be aware this course does have a fee that is payable on enrolment, if you require financial support including payment plans, bursaries and advanced learner loans please visit the Money Management Service section of the website.
For more information on fees please view our Fees, Charges and Refunds Policy and our Applications, Admissions and Enrolment Policy and Procedures.
DISTANCE LEARNING PLATFORM
The choosen platform for this course is Microsoft Teams. Teams allows learners and teachers to seamlessly work together, create content and share resources from a single, easy-to-learn and simple platform. On successful enrolment onto this course you will be provided with all the details required to set up Teams.
This course offers simpler and safer online enrolment requests, which means in a matter of minutes you can submit an enrolment request to us. However please be aware that upon submitting your enrolment form you are not guaranteed to be accepted. A number of our courses require assessments, qualification checks or simply a conversation with you before we can confirm your enrolment.
Within 24 hours of enrolment submission you will receive an automated email notification with information on what happens next.
Course information last updated: Thursday 24th September 2020 @ 8.30am (19 minutes ago)