0800 0567 253
Dates and Enrolment for this course here:
Please note you may only enrol on one course at a time, however you may enrol on additional courses upon completion of your current course.
You will need to understand that:
- This is a Level 2 qualification and a reasonable level of English is beneficial to completing
- The typical duration of this course is 12 weeks and self-commitment should be made to allow yourself time to provide detailed responses to the assignments.
- We recommend spending a minimum of 2-4 hours per week on this course
This qualification aims to equip you with a strong understanding of common childhood illnesses, including how to provide a safe and healthy environment for babies and young children, how to recognise when a baby or child is unwell, and how to manage acute and chronic health conditions in an early years setting.
Upon completion of this course, you could study one of our other childcare courses from home, such as the Level 2 Certificate in Caring for Children and Young People.
Unit 1: Understand how to provide a safe and healthy environment for babies and young children
In this unit, you will explore ways to minimise cross infection and maintain a safe and hygienic environment for babies and young children.
Unit 2: Understand common childhood illnesses
This unit will help you to recognise when a child is unwell, and common childhood illnesses that may occur. You will also consider the policies and procedures relating to unwell children in an early years setting.
Unit 3: Understand health emergencies and specific health conditions in an early years setting
In the final unit of this course, you will consider the role of the practitioner in relation to common accidents and basic first aid, as well as serious illness requiring emergency support. Acute and chronic health conditions, including how to manage allergies in the setting, will also be covered.
Benefits of completing this course. You will:
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Improve your skills to help create a long-standing career pathway in your chosen industry
- Choose when and where to study, as courses are delivered as distance learning
- Have the support you need to succeed, as personal tutors are assigned to you.
How will I learn?
You will study via an online platform or if preferred you can have paper booklets to research and to submit your answers.
With you every step of the way!
- Get more from your online courses, let us help you succeed with bespoke packages led by our dedicated online support team
- Occupational specialists and tutors just a click away to support you
- Access to a free online community for those suffering with adverse mental health, 24 hours a day
- Enjoy incredible discounts while you study with your NUS/Totum student card
- New to online learning? Require additional support? Let us help you with each step you take.
For more information about this course please email [email protected].