0800 0567 253
Dates and Enrolment for this course here:
Please note you may only enrol on one course at a time, however you may enrol on additional courses upon completion of your current course.
You will need to understand that:
- This is a Level 2 qualification and a reasonable level of English is beneficial to completing
- The typical duration of this course is 12 weeks and self-commitment should be made to allow yourself time to provide detailed responses to the assignments.
- We recommend spending a minimum of 2-4 hours per week on this course
One in ten children have a diagnosable mental health condition, and 75% of mental health problems have begun by the age of 24. Mental ill health can affect a young person in every area of their life, including family, school, friendships, the workplace and the wider world. Mental ill health can be worsened by negative stereotypes and stigma from the media, who portray mental illness as shameful and dangerous.
This course will equip learners with a detailed understanding of mental health conditions, including depression and anxiety, the legislation and guidance surrounding mental health, risk factors that may affect mental well-being and how to build resilience against these, and the impact mental health concerns may have on young people and others.
Who is it suitable for?
This course is ideal for learners who want to increase their knowledge and understanding of children and young people’s mental health. This qualification supports progression onto further mental health qualifications and into relevant employment in the health and social care or education sectors.
What you will learn
This course is split into five manageable units:
Unit 1: Understand children and young people’s mental health in context
Unit 2: Understand factors which may affect children and young people’s mental health
Unit 3: Understand children and young people’s mental health concerns
Unit 4: Understand the impact of children and young people’s mental health concerns
Unit 5: Understand how to support children and young people with mental health concerns
Benefits of completing this course. You will:
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Improve your skills to help create a long-standing career pathway in your chosen industry
- Choose when and where to study, as courses are delivered as distance learning
- Have the support you need to succeed, as personal tutors are assigned to you.
How will I learn?
You will study via an online platform or if preferred you can have paper booklets to research and to submit your answers.
With you every step of the way!
- Get more from your online courses, let us help you succeed with bespoke packages led by our dedicated online support team
- Occupational specialists and tutors just a click away to support you
- Access to a free online community for those suffering with adverse mental health, 24 hours a day
- Enjoy incredible discounts while you study with your NUS/Totum student card
- New to online learning? Require additional support? Let us help you with each step you take.
For more information about this course please email [email protected].