0800 0567 253
Dates and Enrolment for this course here:
Our Level 2 Online Counselling qualification is aimed at learners who would like to develop the knowledge and to explore the skills needed to become a counselor in the future, also how to engage in a helping interaction appropriately. It will be a useful progression route for those interested in furthering their study and have an interest in counselling however this course does not qualify you to be a counselor. The qualification could support in widening learners work role or learners who wish to study this to complement other programmes (eg health and social care, children’s care, learning and development, voluntary and community work).
The qualification covers the following;
Introduction to counselling skills theories
In this unit learners will be introduced to the key elements of the main theoretical
approaches to counselling.
Using counselling skills
In this unit learners will have an opportunity to identify and practice a range of skills used when participating in a counselling skills interaction.
Diversity and ethics in the use of counselling skills
In this unit, learners will be introduced to the concepts of diversity and ethics and their importance in the use of counselling skills.
Counselling skills and personal development
In this unit learners will have an opportunity to reflect on their personal and future
development and identify potential sources of support.
There are no specific prior qualifications needed to access this qualification. However, learners might find it useful if they have already completed a Level 1 qualification.This qualification is suitable for learners aged 19 and above.
What can I do next?
You may wish to apply for our Level 2 CPCAB Certificate in Counselling Skills, which will then allow you to progress onto level 3.
After developing an understanding of counselling skills you may wish to look at the following qualifications to support progression to further learning in the following areas:
Horizontal progression may include:
- Level 2 Certificate in Information, Advice or Guidance
- Level 2 Certificate for Working In the Health Sector
- Level 2 Certificate in Dementia Awareness
- Level 2 Certificate in Healthcare Support Services
- Level 2 Certificate in Mental Health Awareness
- Level 2 Certificate in Nutrition and Health
- Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Dignity and Safeguarding in Adult Health and Social Care
- Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
- Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England
Vertical progression into, for example:
- Level 3 Award in Counselling Skills and Theory
- Level 3 NVQ Certificate in Advice and Guidance
- Level 3 Diploma in Counselling Skills
- Level 3 Award in the Awareness of the Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England
- Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Level 3 Certificate for Working in the Health Sector
- Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
- Level 3 Certificate in Stroke Care Management
- Level 3 Diploma In Allied Health Profession Support
This qualification does not qualify learners to practice as a counsellor; however, it can support progression within employment for the following job roles and workers due to the transferable nature of counselling skills:
Support Worker (Supported Living)
Healthcare Support Service Worker
Clinical Healthcare Support Worker
Mental Health Support Worker
Mental Health Outreach Worker
Substance Misuse Worker
Information, Advice and Guidance Worker
Health Education/Health Promotion Worker
Care Assistants/Support Workers/Key Workers in residential settings
To discuss career progression why not chat to one of our careers service team members, just email [email protected].
Please be aware this course does not have a fee that is payable on enrolment.
If you require financial support including payment plans, bursaries and advanced learner loans please visit the Money Management Service section of the website.
For more information on fees please view our Fees, Charges and Refunds Policy and our Applications, Admissions and Enrolment Policy and Procedures.
DISTANCE LEARNING PLATFORM
The choosen platform for this course is The Skills Network. Skills Network is one of the most successful providers of online courses and qualifications in the UK. Allowing learners to study at their own pace, in their own home or workplace learning centre at a time that fits around people's busy lives.
On successful enrolment onto this course you will be provided with all the details required to login to your learning platform.
This course offers simpler and safer online enrolment requests, which means in a matter of minutes you can submit an enrolment request to us. However please be aware that upon submitting your enrolment form you are not guaranteed to be accepted. A number of our courses require assessments, qualification checks or simply a conversation with you before we can confirm your enrolment.
Within 24 hours of enrolment submission you will receive an automated email notification with information on what happens next.
Course information last updated: Tuesday 19th January 2021 @ 8.30am (19 hours ago)