0800 0567 253
Dates and Enrolment for this course here:
Please note you may only enrol on one course at a time, however you may enrol on additional courses upon completion of your current course.
You will need to understand that:
- This is a Level 2 qualification and a reasonable level of English is beneficial to completing
- The typical duration of this course is 12 weeks and self-commitment should be made to allow yourself time to provide detailed responses to the assignments.
- We recommend spending a minimum of 2-4 hours per week on this course
Unlike other online childcare courses, this qualification will give your employees an introductory understanding of childcare through exploring young children’s development, the value and importance of play, how to plan a healthy diet and the importance of safeguarding and welfare.
Unit 1: Young children’s development
This unit will explore the stages of development of young children from birth to three years. Alongside this, your employees will learn about how positive environments support the development of young children.
Unit 2: The value of play to young children
Within this unit, your employees will learn about the necessity of play to young children’s development, as well as demonstrating different play activities suitable for young children from birth to five years old.
Unit 3: Importance of play for early learning
This unit will take your employees through the vital importance of creativity and imagination in the development of a child. They will learn about how to organise a cooking activity for children, as well as the particular importance of books and stories in child development.
Unit 4: Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
This unit examines legislation, guidelines, policies and procedures for safeguarding the welfare of children and young people (including e-safety). Your employees will look at what action to take when children or young people are injured or ill and, when complete, they will be able to recognise emergency procedures and how to respond to suspicions that a child or young people has been abused, harmed or bullied.
Unit 5: Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet
This unit will help your employees to build an understanding of how to make healthy and nutritional food choices for children. They will develop knowledge of food labels and what to look out for to ensure that children are given a balanced diet.
Benefits of completing this course. You will:
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Improve your skills to help create a long-standing career pathway in your chosen industry
- Choose when and where to study, as courses are delivered as distance learning
- Have the support you need to succeed, as personal tutors are assigned to you.
How will I learn?
You will study via an online platform or if preferred you can have paper booklets to research and to submit your answers.
With you every step of the way!
- Get more from your online courses, let us help you succeed with bespoke packages led by our dedicated online support team
- Occupational specialists and tutors just a click away to support you
- Access to a free online community for those suffering with adverse mental health, 24 hours a day
- Enjoy incredible discounts while you study with your NUS/Totum student card
- New to online learning? Require additional support? Let us help you with each step you take.
For more information about this course please email [email protected].