0800 0567 253
Dates and Enrolment for this course here:
You will need to be working in the care sector to enable you to successfully complete this course, if you have any questions regarding this please email [email protected].
The NHS spent more than £6.8 billion on medicines in 2015-16 and experts believe that more than 50% of all medication is prescribed, dispensed or sold inappropriately every single year. Furthermore, half of all patients in the UK fail to take their medication correctly. These facts can often lead to disastrous consequences, especially when medication ends up in the wrong hands.
By completing this course, you will not only gain a nationally recognised qualification, but will also develop and improve your knowledge and skills in the handling of medication in health and social care.
This qualification is ideal for anyone who works in the healthcare sector or anyone who wishes to work in this sector in the future. The qualification is also suitable for anyone who handles medication while in a caring role.
This course is split into four manageable units:
- Unit 1: Understand medication and prescriptions
- Unit 2: Supply, storage and disposal of medication
- Unit 3: Understand the requirements for the safe administration of medication
- Unit 4: Record keeping and audit processes for medication
Benefits for this course include;
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Create a long-standing career pathway within the healthcare sector
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where to study
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.
How will I learn?
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. Giving you the freedom to choose your learning schedule yourself whilst still gaining certification from your chosen subject.
We recommend spending a minimum of 2-4 hours per week on this course, with the length depending on the amount of study time you allocate however, we recommend completing within 12 weeks.
We appreciate this may be a new way of learning for many of you or there may be some further support required. If you find yourself feeling less than confident and look for additional support, we want to make sure we are there to offer that little bit extra and tailor it to your needs. This may include a phone calls or emails with one of our dedicated tutors and support staff to help guide you through your course.
If you have any questions about how you will learn place email [email protected].
To study this course you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be aged 19 years or over as of 31/08/2020
- You must have lived in the EU for the last three years
- You must currently reside in England
- You understand that this is a Level 2 qualification and a level of English and Maths is beneficial to completing
- You understand the typical duration of this course is 12 weeks and self-commitment should be made to allow yourself to provide detailed responses to the assignments
If you have any questions before you enrol please email [email protected]
DISTANCE LEARNING PLATFORM
The chosen platform for this course is EQUAL (The Skills Network). Online leraning allows learners to study at their own pace, in their own home or workplace learning centre at a time that fits around people's busy lives.
Following successful enrolment onto this course you will be provided with all the details required to login to your platform
Please be aware this course does not have a fee that is payable on enrolment.
If you require financial support including payment plans, bursaries and advanced learner loans please visit the Money Management Service section of the website.
For more information on fees please view our Fees, Charges and Refunds Policy and our Applications, Admissions and Enrolment Policy and Procedures.
This course offers simpler and safer online enrolment requests, which means in a matter of minutes you can submit an enrolment request to us. However please be aware that upon submitting your enrolment form you are not guaranteed to be accepted. A number of our courses require assessments, qualification checks or simply a conversation with you before we can confirm your enrolment.
Within 24 hours of enrolment submission you will receive an automated email notification with information on what happens next.
Course information last updated: Tuesday 20th April 2021 @ 8.30am (21 hours ago)