0800 0567 253
Dates and Enrolment for this course here:
Approximately half of all deaths occur in a hospital, but hospitals were recently ranked the lowest in terms of the overall quality of care during the end of life period. Hospices were ranked the highest in terms of the quality of care and care homes were not far behind. This course aims to improve the quality of end of life care that is provided to individuals across all settings.
This period in a person’s life is the most sensitive and difficult to deal with for the individual, the family and any carers or staff members who work with the individual. If you work in or want to work in the healthcare sector or need to care for a loved one during this difficult time, this course is the perfect place to start and will help you provide quality end of life care.
The qualification is ideal for anyone who is already working in or intending to work in the healthcare or social care sector. It will provide you with knowledge and understanding of end of life care to support your role. The course may also be suitable for anyone who is caring for a loved one or family member during their final stages of life.
This course is split into 6 manageable units:
- Unit 1: Understand how to work in end of life care
- Unit 2: Care planning in end of life care
- Unit 3: Understand how to provide support to manage pain and discomfort
- Unit 4: End of life care and dementia
- Unit 5: Understanding the role of the care worker in time of death
- Unit 6: Understand loss and grief in end of life care.
Benefits to this course include;
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Improve your healthcare skills to help you create a long-standing career pathway in your chosen industry
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where to study
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.
How will I learn?
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. Giving you the freedom to choose your learning schedule yourself whilst still gaining certification from your chosen subject.
We recommend spending a minimum of 2-4 hours per week on this course, with the length depending on the amount of study time you allocate however, we recommend completing within 12 weeks.
We appreciate this may be a new way of learning for many of you or there may be some further support required. If you find yourself feeling less than confident and look for additional support, we want to make sure we are there to offer that little bit extra and tailor it to your needs. This may include a phone calls or emails with one of our dedicated tutors and support staff to help guide you through your course.
If you have any questions about how you will learn place email [email protected].
To study this course you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be aged 19 years or over as of 31/08/2020
- You must have lived in the EU for the last three years
- You must currently reside in England
- You understand that this is a Level 2 qualification and a level of English and Maths is beneficial to completing
- You understand the typical duration of this course is 12 weeks and self-commitment should be made to allow yourself to provide detailed responses to the assignments
If you have any questions before you enrol please email [email protected]
DISTANCE LEARNING PLATFORM
The chosen platform for this course is EQUAL (The Skills Network). Online leraning allows learners to study at their own pace, in their own home or workplace learning centre at a time that fits around people's busy lives.
Following successful enrolment onto this course you will be provided with all the details required to login to your platform
Please be aware this course does not have a fee that is payable on enrolment.
If you require financial support including payment plans, bursaries and advanced learner loans please visit the Money Management Service section of the website.
For more information on fees please view our Fees, Charges and Refunds Policy and our Applications, Admissions and Enrolment Policy and Procedures.
This course offers simpler and safer online enrolment requests, which means in a matter of minutes you can submit an enrolment request to us. However please be aware that upon submitting your enrolment form you are not guaranteed to be accepted. A number of our courses require assessments, qualification checks or simply a conversation with you before we can confirm your enrolment.
Within 24 hours of enrolment submission you will receive an automated email notification with information on what happens next.
Course information last updated: Tuesday 20th April 2021 @ 8.30am (20 hours ago)