0800 0567 253
Enrol for this course here:
There are an estimated 1.5 million people living with a learning disability in the UK. The effects on individuals can vary widely and affect people of every age and background. Each individual with a learning disability is entitled to receive personalised and lifelong support provided by health and social care organisations and a network of carers.
This qualification will provide learners with a comprehensive understanding of issues surrounding different types of learning disabilities and how these affect individuals in their daily lives, including safeguarding, positive risk taking and an awareness of the autistic spectrum.
This qualification is suited to anyone currently working, or looking to work, with individuals who have any form of learning disability in order to enhance their knowledge and understanding of personalised care in this context.
This course is split into nine manageable units:
- Unit 1: Understand the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities
- Unit 2: Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Unit 3: Introduction to personalisation in social care
- Unit 4: Principles of positive risk taking for individuals with disabilities
- Unit 5: Introductory awareness of autistic spectrum conditions
- Unit 6: Principles of supporting individuals with a learning disability to access healthcare.
Benefits to this course include;
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Create a long-standing career pathway within the health and social care industry
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing learners to choose when and where to study
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure learners have the support needed to succeed.
How will I learn?
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you
study. We ensure that you get all the support you need throughout your course in
the form of college tutors and customer service advisors.
We recommend spending a minimum of 2-4 hours per week on this course, with the length depending on the amount of study time you allocate however we recommend completing within 12 weeks.
If you have any questions about how you will learn place email [email protected]
To study this course you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be aged 19 years or over as of 31/08/2020
- You must have lived in the EU for the last three years
- You must currently reside in England
- You understand that this is a Level 2 qualification and a level of English and Math's is beneficial to completing
- You understand the typical duration of this course is 12 weeks and self-commitment should be made to allow yourself to provide detailed responses to the assignments
If you have any questions before you enrol please email [email protected]
DISTANCE LEARNING PLATFORM
The choosen platform for this course is The Skills Network. Skills Network is one of the most successful providers of online courses and qualifications in the UK. Allowing learners to study at their own pace, in their own home or workplace learning centre at a time that fits around people's busy lives.
On successful enrolment onto this course you will be provided with all the details required to login to your learning platform.
Please be aware this course does not have a fee that is payable on enrolment.
If you require financial support including payment plans, bursaries and advanced learner loans please visit the Money Management Service section of the website.
For more information on fees please view our Fees, Charges and Refunds Policy and our Applications, Admissions and Enrolment Policy and Procedures.
This course offers simpler and safer online enrolment requests, which means in a matter of minutes you can submit an enrolment request to us. However please be aware that upon submitting your enrolment form you are not guaranteed to be accepted. A number of our courses require assessments, qualification checks or simply a conversation with you before we can confirm your enrolment.
Within 24 hours of enrolment submission you will receive an automated email notification with information on what happens next.
Course information last updated: Friday 25th September 2020 @ 8.30am (18 hours ago)