0800 0567 253
Enrol for this course here:
Approximately 5000 patients die as a direct result of one of these infections. In most cases, these infections are difficult to treat and can complicate any other current or previous illnesses that a patient has, as well as causing distress for the individual and their family.
Taking this course can help tackle the outbreak of infection in hospitals and healthcare settings by helping you understand the causes and spread of infection and how you can help to control it. Infection prevention is crucial to saving lives, so this course is of high importance to any existing or new healthcare employees. The information contained in the course is vital to anyone who wishes to work in the healthcare sector in the future.
This course is split into four manageable units:
- Unit 1: Principles of the causes and spread of infection in health care settings
- Unit 2: Principles of the importance of personal hygiene and health in the prevention and control of infection in health care settings
- Unit 3: Principles of decontamination, cleaning and waste management in health care settings
- Unit 4: Principles of infection prevention and control in a health care setting
Benefits for this course include;
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Study will enhance both personal skills and professional development
- The programme is delivered via distance learning, allowing you to choose where and when you study
- On average, the course should only take between 10-16 weeks to complete
- Personal tutors are assigned to each individual learner to ensure you have the necessary support needed to be successful.
How will I learn?
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you
study. We ensure that you get all the support you need throughout your course in
the form of college tutors and customer service advisors.
We recommend spending a minimum of 2-4 hours per week on this course, with the length depending on the amount of study time you allocate however we recommend completing within 12 weeks.
If you have any questions about how you will learn place email [email protected]
To study this course you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be aged 19 years or over as of 31/08/2020
- You must have lived in the EU for the last three years
- You must currently reside in England
- You understand that this is a Level 2 qualification and a level of English and Math's is beneficial to completing
- You understand the typical duration of this course is 12 weeks and self-commitment should be made to allow yourself to provide detailed responses to the assignments
If you have any questions before you enrol please email [email protected]
DISTANCE LEARNING PLATFORM
The choosen platform for this course is The Skills Network. Skills Network is one of the most successful providers of online courses and qualifications in the UK. Allowing learners to study at their own pace, in their own home or workplace learning centre at a time that fits around people's busy lives.
On successful enrolment onto this course you will be provided with all the details required to login to your learning platform.
Please be aware this course does not have a fee that is payable on enrolment.
If you require financial support including payment plans, bursaries and advanced learner loans please visit the Money Management Service section of the website.
For more information on fees please view our Fees, Charges and Refunds Policy and our Applications, Admissions and Enrolment Policy and Procedures.
This course offers simpler and safer online enrolment requests, which means in a matter of minutes you can submit an enrolment request to us. However please be aware that upon submitting your enrolment form you are not guaranteed to be accepted. A number of our courses require assessments, qualification checks or simply a conversation with you before we can confirm your enrolment.
Within 24 hours of enrolment submission you will receive an automated email notification with information on what happens next.
Course information last updated: Friday 25th September 2020 @ 8.30am (19 hours ago)