Please note the next available start date for this course is August 1st 2020
The NHS spent more than £6.8 billion on medicines in 2015-16 and experts believe that more than 50% of all medication is prescribed, dispensed or sold inappropriately every single year. Furthermore, half of all patients in the UK fail to take their medication correctly. These facts can often lead to disastrous consequences, especially when medication ends up in the wrong hands.
By completing this course, you will not only gain a nationally recognised qualification, but will also develop and improve your knowledge and skills in the handling of medication in health and social care.
This qualification is ideal for anyone who works in the healthcare sector or anyone who wishes to work in this sector in the future. The qualification is also suitable for anyone who handles medication while in a caring role.
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study.
This course is split into four manageable units:
- Unit 1: Understand medication and prescriptions
- Unit 2: Supply, storage and disposal of medication
- Unit 3: Understand the requirements for the safe administration of medication
- Unit 4: Record keeping and audit processes for medication
Benefits for this course include;
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Create a long-standing career pathway within the healthcare sector
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where to study
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.
Please be aware you can only enrol on one online course at a time and this qualification is only suitable for learners aged 19 or above.
We recommend spending a minimum of 2-4 hours per week on this course with course length depending on the amount of study time you allocate however we recommend competing this course within 12 weeks.
Course information last updated: Friday 10th July 2020 @ 8.41am (17 hours ago)
More courses in this area
AvailabilityOnline courses gives you the flexibility to learn at any time of the year. A number of courses we offer are also free to adults aged 19 or above. Other courses may have costs, we recommend contacting us on 0800 0567 253 or emailing [email protected] for more information.
Enrol online - NEW
You can now easily Enrol online. Just look for the Enrol button to add your course to the basket and proceed with your enrolment