Please note the next available start date for this course is August 1st 2020
With approximately 15% of people being affected by Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLDs), it is important for individuals to develop their understanding of what SpLDs are and how they can affect the lives of those impacted by them. From dyslexia and dyscalculia to ADHD and DCD, there are many types of SpLD and some people are affected by more than one. This course will help to identify ways of supporting individuals with dyslexia and other SpLDs.
By completing the course, learners will develop their knowledge and understanding of dyslexia and other Specific Learning Difficulties. The units and topics included are ideal for learners who are looking to support individuals with SpLDs in any environment, be it at home, in the workplace, or in schools.
This course is ideal for learners who wish to develop their knowledge and understanding of Specific Learning Difficulties. This could include teaching staff that wish to further their understanding of dyslexia, ADHD and other Specific Learning Difficulties, as well as employers who are looking for ways to support their workforce. This course is suitable for learners aged 16 or above.
Studying via distance learning means learners can choose when and where they study.
This course is split into five manageable units:
- Unit 1: Understand Specific Learning Difficulties
- Unit 2: Understand the Effects of Specific Learning Difficulties
- Unit 3: Understand the Diagnosis of Specific Learning Difficulties
- Unit 4: Understanding Supporting Individuals with Specific Learning Difficulties
- Unit 5: Understand the Context of SpecificLearning Difficulties.
The benefits to this course include;
- Gain an NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties
- Develop an enhanced knowledge of dyslexia and other Specific Learning Difficulties
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing learners to choose when and where they study
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure learners have the support needed to succeed.
Please be aware you can only enrol on one online course at a time and this qualification is only suitable for learners aged 19 or above.
We recommend spending a minimum of 2-4 hours per week on this course with course length depending on the amont of study time you allocate however we recommend completing within 12 weeks.
Course information last updated: Friday 10th July 2020 @ 8.41am (16 hours ago)
More courses in this area
AvailabilityOnline courses gives you the flexibility to learn at any time of the year. A number of courses we offer are also free to adults aged 19 or above. Other courses may have costs, we recommend contacting us on 0800 0567 253 or emailing [email protected] for more information.
Enrol online - NEW
You can now easily Enrol online. Just look for the Enrol button to add your course to the basket and proceed with your enrolment