Nutrition is the key to a healthy body and mind, and understanding the values of a diet and exercise plan is an important part of maintaining overall well-being.
This nationally recognised qualification explores influential factors such as the principles of healthy eating and weight management. The course also introduces nutrition in the context of eating disorders, and explains how to prepare food safely in a home environment. Whether you want to improve your knowledge around diet and health for personal reasons, or wish to develop your employment opportunities, this course provides a comprehensive understanding of the key topics surrounding nutrition and health.
The qualification is ideal for anyone who wishes to develop their knowledge and skills surrounding diet and health, different forms of nutrition, planning a weight management programme and food safety awareness.
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study.
This course is split into six manageable units:
- Unit 1: Explore principles of healthy eating
- Unit 2: Consider nutritional needs of a variety of individuals
- Unit 3: Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet
- Unit 4: The principles of weight management
- Unit 5: Understanding eating disorders
- Unit 6: Principles of food safety for the home environment
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Improve your skills to help create a long-standing career pathway in your chosen industry
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where to study
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.
This course is part of our ConnectED package, designed to keep your brain active from the comfort of your own home. Once enrolled on one of our ConnectED programmes you will recieve:
- A £50.00 supermarket voucher on completion of your programme.
- A weekly support call from an SGS College Tutor
- A recognised qualificaion on completion
Please be aware that you can only enrol on one online course at a time and this qualification is only suitable for learners aged 19 or above.
We recommend spending a minimum of 2-4 hours per week on this course with course length depending on the amount of study time you allocate however we recommend completing withing 12 weeks.
For more information please contact [email protected] or call 08000567253.Apply for this course
Course information last updated: Friday 3rd April 2020 @ 7.30am (2 days ago)
More courses in this area
AvailabilityOnline courses gives you the flexibility to learn at any time of the year. A number of courses we offer are also free to adults aged 19 or above. Other courses may have costs, we recommend contacting us on 0800 0567 253 or emailing [email protected] for more information.
Enrol online - NEW
You can now easily Enrol online. Just look for the Enrol button to add your course to the basket and proceed with your enrolment