Please note the next available start date for this course is August 1st 2020
In the UK alone, there are 30,000 people with a severe learning disability whose behaviour can challenge. However, behaviour that challenges is not limited to people with learning disabilities, which is why it is vital to raise awareness and understanding of this type of behaviour and its effects.
This course will equip learners with a detailed understanding of behaviour that challenges, including how to support positive behaviour, the importance of effective communication in managing behaviour, and the role of reflection and support for those involved in incidents of behaviour that challenges.
This course is ideal for learners who wish to develop an in-depth knowledge of behaviour that challenges in order to progress into related employment in health and social care. Anyone who currently works in education or health and social care settings would also benefit from the course. This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 or above.
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. We ensure you get all the support you need throughout your course in the form of a personal tutor and a learner support advisor.
This course is split into four manageable units:
- Unit 1: Understand behaviour that challenges
- Unit 2: Understand how to support positive behaviour
- Unit 3: Understand the importance of effective communication and the management of behaviour that challenges
- Unit 4: Understand the role of reflection and support for those involved in incidents of behaviour that challenges.
Benefits for this course include;
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Establish a long-standing career pathway within the health and social care sector
- This course is delivered via distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where you study
- Study will enhance both your personal skills and professional development
- Personal tutors are assigned to you to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.
Please be aware you can only enrol on one online course at a time and this qualification is only suitable for learners aged 19 or above.
We recommending spending a minimum of 2-4 hours on this course per week with course length depending on the amount of study time you allocate however we recommend completing within 12 weeks.
For more information please contact [email protected] or call 08000567253.
Course information last updated: Friday 10th July 2020 @ 8.41am (1 day ago)
More courses in this area
AvailabilityOnline courses gives you the flexibility to learn at any time of the year. A number of courses we offer are also free to adults aged 19 or above. Other courses may have costs, we recommend contacting us on 0800 0567 253 or emailing [email protected] for more information.
Enrol online - NEW
You can now easily Enrol online. Just look for the Enrol button to add your course to the basket and proceed with your enrolment