Please note the next available start date for this course is August 1st 2020
Approximately 5000 patients die as a direct result of one of these infections. In most cases, these infections are difficult to treat and can complicate any other current or previous illnesses that a patient has, as well as causing distress for the individual and their family.
Taking this course can help tackle the outbreak of infection in hospitals and healthcare settings by helping you understand the causes and spread of infection and how you can help to control it. Infection prevention is crucial to saving lives, so this course is of high importance to any existing or new healthcare employees. The information contained in the course is vital to anyone who wishes to work in the healthcare sector in the future.
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study.
This course is split into four manageable units:
- Unit 1: Principles of the causes and spread of infection in health care settings
- Unit 2: Principles of the importance of personal hygiene and health in the prevention and control of infection in health care settings
- Unit 3: Principles of decontamination, cleaning and waste management in health care settings
- Unit 4: Principles of infection prevention and control in a health care setting
Benefits for this course include;
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Study will enhance both personal skills and professional development
- The programme is delivered via distance learning, allowing you to choose where and when you study
- On average, the course should only take between 10-16 weeks to complete
- Personal tutors are assigned to each individual learner to ensure you have the necessary support needed to be successful.
Please note you can only enrol on one online course at a time and this qualification is only suitable for learners aged 19 or above.
We recommend spending a minimum of 2-4 hours per week on this course with course length depending on the amount of study time you allocate however we recommend completing within 12 weeks.
Course information last updated: Friday 10th July 2020 @ 8.41am (16 hours ago)
More courses in this area
AvailabilityOnline courses gives you the flexibility to learn at any time of the year. A number of courses we offer are also free to adults aged 19 or above. Other courses may have costs, we recommend contacting us on 0800 0567 253 or emailing [email protected] for more information.
Enrol online - NEW
You can now easily Enrol online. Just look for the Enrol button to add your course to the basket and proceed with your enrolment