Please note the next available start date for this course is August 1st 2020
Approximately half of all deaths occur in a hospital, but hospitals were recently ranked the lowest in terms of the overall quality of care during the end of life period. Hospices were ranked the highest in terms of the quality of care and care homes were not far behind. This course aims to improve the quality of end of life care that is provided to individuals across all settings.
This period in a person’s life is the most sensitive and difficult to deal with for the individual, the family and any carers or staff members who work with the individual. If you work in or want to work in the healthcare sector or need to care for a loved one during this difficult time, this course is the perfect place to start and will help you provide quality end of life care.
The qualification is ideal for anyone who is already working in or intending to work in the healthcare or social care sector. It will provide you with knowledge and understanding of end of life care to support your role. The course may also be suitable for anyone who is caring for a loved one or family member during their final stages of life.
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study.
This course is split into 6 manageable units:
- Unit 1: Understand how to work in end of life care
- Unit 2: Care planning in end of life care
- Unit 3: Understand how to provide support to manage pain and discomfort
- Unit 4: End of life care and dementia
- Unit 5: Understanding the role of the care worker in time of death
- Unit 6: Understand loss and grief in end of life care.
Benefits to this course include;
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Improve your healthcare skills to help you create a long-standing career pathway in your chosen industry
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where to study
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.
Please be aware you can only enrol on one online course at a time and this qualification is only suitable for learners aged 19 or above.
We recommend spending a minimum of 2-4 hours per week on this course with course length depending on the amount of study time you allocate however we recommend completing within 12 weeks.
For more information please contact [email protected] or call 08000567253.
Course information last updated: Friday 10th July 2020 @ 8.41am (17 hours ago)
More courses in this area
AvailabilityOnline courses gives you the flexibility to learn at any time of the year. A number of courses we offer are also free to adults aged 19 or above. Other courses may have costs, we recommend contacting us on 0800 0567 253 or emailing [email protected] for more information.
Enrol online - NEW
You can now easily Enrol online. Just look for the Enrol button to add your course to the basket and proceed with your enrolment