Please note the next available start date for this course is August 1st 2020
There are an estimated 1.5 million people living with a learning disability in the UK. The effects on individuals can vary widely and affect people of every age and background. Each individual with a learning disability is entitled to receive personalised and lifelong support provided by health and social care organisations and a network of carers.
This qualification will provide learners with a comprehensive understanding of issues surrounding different types of learning disabilities and how these affect individuals in their daily lives, including safeguarding, positive risk taking and an awareness of the autistic spectrum.
This qualification is suited to anyone currently working, or looking to work, with individuals who have any form of learning disability in order to enhance their knowledge and understanding of personalised care in this context.
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study.
This course is split into nine manageable units:
- Unit 1: Understand the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities
- Unit 2: Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Unit 3: Introduction to personalisation in social care
- Unit 4: Principles of positive risk taking for individuals with disabilities
- Unit 5: Introductory awareness of autistic spectrum conditions
- Unit 6: Principles of supporting individuals with a learning disability to access healthcare.
Benefits to this course include;
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Create a long-standing career pathway within the health and social care industry
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing learners to choose when and where to study
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure learners have the support needed to succeed.
Please be aware you can only enrol on one online course at a time and this qualification is only suitable for learners aged 19 or above.
We recommend spending a minimum of 2-4 hours per week on this course with course length depending on the amount of study time you allocate however we recommend completing within 12 weeks.
Course information last updated: Friday 10th July 2020 @ 8.41am (16 hours ago)
More courses in this area
AvailabilityOnline courses gives you the flexibility to learn at any time of the year. A number of courses we offer are also free to adults aged 19 or above. Other courses may have costs, we recommend contacting us on 0800 0567 253 or emailing [email protected] for more information.
Enrol online - NEW
You can now easily Enrol online. Just look for the Enrol button to add your course to the basket and proceed with your enrolment