Many job roles involve interaction with customers, clients or colleagues to inform, advise or guide them, and there are many techniques it is important to be aware of in order to carry this out effectively.
This course aims to equip you with the practical skills needed to successfully convey information, advice or guidance in a wide range of situations and sectors. The course covers a variety of key topics crucial to providing an excellent and efficient service, including questioning, listening and communicating techniques, the importance of confidentiality and how to overcome barriers.
This course is suitable for anyone working in, or looking to work in, a role which involves the giving of information, advice or guidance. The knowledge gained by carrying out this qualification is transferable across a wide range of sectors, allowing you to apply it to your own employment context. The minimum age requirement is 16 years old.
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study.
This course is split into five manageable units:
- Unit 1: Information, advice or guidance in practice
- Unit 2: Developing interaction skills for information, advice or guidance
- Unit 3: Signposting and referral in information, advice or guidance
- Unit 4: Information, advice or guidance in context
- Unit 5: Skills for advice providers
Benefits to this course include;
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Improve your communication skills to help you create a long-standing career pathway in your chosen industry
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where to study
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.
Please be aware you can only enrol on one online course at a time and this qualification is only suitable for learners aged 19 or above.
We recommend spending a minimum of 2-4 hours on your course per week with course length depending on the amount of study time you allocate however we recommend completing within 12 weeks.
For more information please contact [email protected] or call 08000567253.Apply for this course
Course information last updated: Friday 3rd April 2020 @ 7.30am (2 days ago)
More courses in this area
AvailabilityOnline courses gives you the flexibility to learn at any time of the year. A number of courses we offer are also free to adults aged 19 or above. Other courses may have costs, we recommend contacting us on 0800 0567 253 or emailing [email protected] for more information.
Enrol online - NEW
You can now easily Enrol online. Just look for the Enrol button to add your course to the basket and proceed with your enrolment