In the UK today there are a large number of people living with a common health condition. These conditions have varying effects upon individuals, but they all require continual management to minimise the effect they have on an individual’s day to day life.
By completing this course you will not only gain an awareness of the signs, symptoms and treatments available for a variety of common health conditions, but you will also learn how to care for individuals and enable them to manage, monitor and control their condition.
Who is suitable?
This qualification is ideal for anyone already working in, or intending to work in, the healthcare sector. It is also suitable for anyone who wishes to further understand a variety of common health conditions they may encounter among people in their care. Carrying out this course demonstrates a willingness to understand how to care for individuals who are living with the effects of common health conditions.
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study.
What you will learn
This course is split into six manageable units:
- Unit 1: Understand how to contribute to monitoring the health of individuals affected by health conditions
- Unit 2: Understand cardiovascular disease
- Unit 3: Stroke awareness
- Unit 4: Arthritis awareness
- Unit 5: Understand physical disability
- Unit 6: Parkinson’s disease awareness
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Improve your healthcare skills to help you create a long-standing career pathway in your chosen industry
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where to study
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.
This course is part of our ConnectED package, designed to keep your brain active from the comfort of your own home. Once enrolled on one of our ConnectED programmes you will recieve:
- A £50.00 supermarket voucher on completion of your programme
- A weekly support call from an SGS College tutor
- A recognised qualification on completion
Please be aware you can only enrol on one online course at a time and this qualification is only suitable for learners aged 19 or above.
We recommend spending a minimum of 2-4 hours per week on your course with length of course depending on the amount of study time you allocate however we recommend completing within 12 weeks.
For more information please contact [email protected] or call 08000567253.Apply for this course
Course information last updated: Friday 3rd April 2020 @ 7.30am (2 days ago)
More courses in this area
AvailabilityOnline courses gives you the flexibility to learn at any time of the year. A number of courses we offer are also free to adults aged 19 or above. Other courses may have costs, we recommend contacting us on 0800 0567 253 or emailing [email protected] for more information.
Enrol online - NEW
You can now easily Enrol online. Just look for the Enrol button to add your course to the basket and proceed with your enrolment