0800 0567 253
Dates and Enrolment for this course here:
This qualification will provide you with a detailed understanding of behaviour that challenges in children, including how such behaviour can be assessed and the avoidance techniques that can help minimise the effects of behaviour that challenges. You will look at how different coexisting conditions, such as a learning disability, a mental health condition, sensory issues and autism can impact on behaviour that challenges and how to support those children who experience these complex behaviours.
This course is ideal for anyone who currently works in, or would like to work in, the education and health and social care sectors.
Unit 1: Awareness of behaviour that challenges in children
- Section 1: Understand what is meant by behaviour that challenges
- Section 2: Understand who may experience behaviour that challenges
- Section 3: Know how behaviour that challenges can be assessed in children
- Section 4: Understand the impact behaviour that challenges can have.
Unit 2: Principles of intervention when working with behaviour that challenges in children and young people
- Section 1: Understand how strategies can help promote positive behaviour
- Section 2: Understand how to record incidents
- Section 3: Know how to avoid behaviour that challenges in children
- Section 4: Know the importance of safe physical intervention.
Unit 3: Behaviour that challenges and mental health in children
- Section 1: Understand the characteristics of mental health
- Section 2: Understand how UK legislation can support the human rights of children with a mental health condition
- Section 3: Know how mental health affects behaviours that challenge in children
- Section 4: Know how to support children with a mental health condition experiencing behaviour that challenges.
Unit 4: Behaviour that challenges and learning disabilities
- Section 1: Understand the characteristics of learning disabilities
- Section 2: Understand how UK legislation can support the human rights of children with a learning disability
- Section 3: Understand typical behaviour that challenges expressed by those with a learning disability
- Section 4: Know how to support children with a learning disability experiencing behaviour that challenges.
Unit 5: Behaviour that challenges, sensory issues and autism
- Section 1: Understand the characteristics of sensory issues and autism
- Section 2: Understand how UK legislation can support the human rights of children with sensory issues and autism
- Section 3: Understand typical behaviour that challenges in children expressed by those with sensory issues and autism
- Section 4: Know how to support children with sensory issues and autism experiencing behaviour that challenges.
Unit 6: Legislation supporting behaviour that challenges in children
- Section 1: Understand legislation supporting behaviour that challenges in children
- Section 2: Understand wider support available when working with children with behaviour that challenges.
How will I learn?
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. Giving you the freedom to choose your learning schedule yourself whilst still gaining certification from your chosen subject.
We recommend spending a minimum of 2-4 hours per week on this course, with the length depending on the amount of study time you allocate however, we recommend completing within 12 weeks.
We appreciate this may be a new way of learning for many of you or there may be some further support required. If you find yourself feeling less than confident and look for additional support, we want to make sure we are there to offer that little bit extra and tailor it to your needs. This may include a phone calls or emails with one of our dedicated tutors and support staff to help guide you through your course.
If you have any questions about how you will learn place email [email protected].
To study this course you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be aged 19 years or over as of 31/08/2020
- You must have lived in the EU for the last three years
- You must currently reside in England
- You understand that this is a Level 2 qualification and a level of English and Maths is beneficial to completing
- You understand the typical duration of this course is 12 weeks and self-commitment should be made to allow yourself to provide detailed responses to the assignments
If you have any questions before you enrol please email [email protected]
DISTANCE LEARNING PLATFORM
The chosen platform for this course is EQUAL (The Skills Network). Online leraning allows learners to study at their own pace, in their own home or workplace learning centre at a time that fits around people's busy lives.
Following successful enrolment onto this course you will be provided with all the details required to login to your platform
Please be aware this course does not have a fee that is payable on enrolment.
If you require financial support including payment plans, bursaries and advanced learner loans please visit the Money Management Service section of the website.
For more information on fees please view our Fees, Charges and Refunds Policy and our Applications, Admissions and Enrolment Policy and Procedures.
This course offers simpler and safer online enrolment requests, which means in a matter of minutes you can submit an enrolment request to us. However please be aware that upon submitting your enrolment form you are not guaranteed to be accepted. A number of our courses require assessments, qualification checks or simply a conversation with you before we can confirm your enrolment.
Within 24 hours of enrolment submission you will receive an automated email notification with information on what happens next.
Course information last updated: Tuesday 19th January 2021 @ 8.30am (2 hours ago)