0800 0567 253
Dates and Enrolment for this course here:
This qualification will develop your understanding of bullying, including how
to recognise that bullying is taking place and how to take action to stop it.
This qualification covers the definitions of bullying and cyber bullying, legislation that relates to bullying, the effects of bullying on children and young people and how to act when bullying is identified.
Please note: The course focuses entirely on children and young people and is not relevant to anyone interested in an awareness of bullying in adults.
Unit 1: Principles of bullying
- Section 1: What is meant by bullying
- Section 2: Key features of what behaviour is considered bullying
- Section 3: What is meant by cyber bullying
- Section 4: Bullying in context
- Section 5: The short and long-term effects of bullying
- Section 6: Discrimination.
Unit 2: Recognising bullying in children and young people
- Section 1: Individuals who may be at risk of bullying
- Section 2: The signs that a child or young person may be being bullied
- Section 3: Why children or young people bully
Unit 3: Action to be taken when a child or young person is being bullied
- Section 1: How to support a child or young person who is being bullied
- Section 2: How to approach the potential bully.
Unit 4: Understand government guidelines for bullying
- Section 1: The Equality Act 2010
- Section 2: Government and Ofsted guidance on tackling bullying
- Section 3: Policies and procedures for bullying
How will I learn?
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. Giving you the freedom to choose your learning schedule yourself whilst still gaining certification from your chosen subject.
We recommend spending a minimum of 2-4 hours per week on this course, with the length depending on the amount of study time you allocate however, we recommend completing within 12 weeks.
We appreciate this may be a new way of learning for many of you or there may be some further support required. If you find yourself feeling less than confident and look for additional support, we want to make sure we are there to offer that little bit extra and tailor it to your needs. This may include a phone calls or emails with one of our dedicated tutors and support staff to help guide you through your course.
If you have any questions about how you will learn place email [email protected].
To study this course you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be aged 19 years or over as of 31/08/2020
- You must have lived in the EU for the last three years
- You must currently reside in England
- You understand that this is a Level 2 qualification and a level of English and Maths is beneficial to completing
- You understand the typical duration of this course is 12 weeks and self-commitment should be made to allow yourself to provide detailed responses to the assignments
If you have any questions before you enrol please email [email protected]
DISTANCE LEARNING PLATFORM
The chosen platform for this course is EQUAL (The Skills Network). Online leraning allows learners to study at their own pace, in their own home or workplace learning centre at a time that fits around people's busy lives.
Following successful enrolment onto this course you will be provided with all the details required to login to your platform
Please be aware this course does not have a fee that is payable on enrolment.
If you require financial support including payment plans, bursaries and advanced learner loans please visit the Money Management Service section of the website.
For more information on fees please view our Fees, Charges and Refunds Policy and our Applications, Admissions and Enrolment Policy and Procedures.
This course offers simpler and safer online enrolment requests, which means in a matter of minutes you can submit an enrolment request to us. However please be aware that upon submitting your enrolment form you are not guaranteed to be accepted. A number of our courses require assessments, qualification checks or simply a conversation with you before we can confirm your enrolment.
Within 24 hours of enrolment submission you will receive an automated email notification with information on what happens next.
Course information last updated: Tuesday 20th April 2021 @ 8.30am (20 hours ago)