0800 0567 253
Enrol for this course here:
Every year in the UK, more than one in three adults aged over 65 falls and injures themselves as a result. Falls have been the most common and serious type of accident experienced by people over 65 for many years, as well as the leading cause of death from injury for people aged over 75.
Falls, and injuries from falls, can affect a person’s confidence, impact on their mental health and quality of life, and prevent a person from living independently. It is crucial that those working in the health and social care sector are aware of how to prevent falls and how to take care of someone who has experienced a fall. This course will equip learners with a detailed understanding of the impact and consequences of a fall, the risks and hazards that could result in a fall, and how to prevent or reduce the risk of falls.
Who is suitable?
This course is ideal for learners who wish to increase their awareness and understanding of falls and how to prevent them. Anyone who currently works in the health and social care sector and wishes to progress their career would benefit from this course, as well as anyone who is looking to work in the sector. The qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 or above.
What you will learn
This course is split into four units:
- Unit 1: Falls in context
- Unit 2: The risk factors and causes of falls
- Unit 3: Falls assessment and prevention
- Unit 4: Managing falls
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Establish a long-standing career pathway within the health and social care sector
- This course is delivered via distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where you study
- Study will enhance both your personal skills and professional development
- Personal tutors are assigned to you to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.
How will I learn?
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you
study. We ensure that you get all the support you need throughout your course in
the form of college tutors and customer service advisors.
We recommend spending a minimum of 2-4 hours per week on this course, with the length depending on the amount of study time you allocate however we recommend completing within 12 weeks.
If you have any questions about how you will learn place email [email protected]
To study this course you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be aged 19 years or over as of 31/08/2020
- You must have lived in the EU for the last three years
- You must currently reside in England
- You understand that this is a Level 2 qualification and a level of English and Math's is beneficial to completing
- You understand the typical duration of this course is 12 weeks and self-commitment should be made to allow yourself to provide detailed responses to the assignments
If you have any questions before you enrol please email [email protected]
DISTANCE LEARNING PLATFORM
The choosen platform for this course is The Skills Network. Skills Network is one of the most successful providers of online courses and qualifications in the UK. Allowing learners to study at their own pace, in their own home or workplace learning centre at a time that fits around people's busy lives.
On successful enrolment onto this course you will be provided with all the details required to login to your learning platform.
Please be aware this course does not have a fee that is payable on enrolment.
If you require financial support including payment plans, bursaries and advanced learner loans please visit the Money Management Service section of the website.
For more information on fees please view our Fees, Charges and Refunds Policy and our Applications, Admissions and Enrolment Policy and Procedures.
This course offers simpler and safer online enrolment requests, which means in a matter of minutes you can submit an enrolment request to us. However please be aware that upon submitting your enrolment form you are not guaranteed to be accepted. A number of our courses require assessments, qualification checks or simply a conversation with you before we can confirm your enrolment.
Within 24 hours of enrolment submission you will receive an automated email notification with information on what happens next.
Course information last updated: Friday 25th September 2020 @ 8.30am (19 hours ago)