0800 0567 253
Dates and Enrolment for this course here:
Please note you may only enrol on one course at a time, however you may enrol on additional courses upon completion of your current course.
You will need to understand that:
- This is a Level 2 qualification and a reasonable level of English is beneficial to completing
- The typical duration of this course is 12 weeks and self-commitment should be made to allow yourself time to provide detailed responses to the assignments.
- We recommend spending a minimum of 2-4 hours per week on this course
Did you know one in four British adults experience at least one diagnosable mental health problem each year? The most common is mixed anxiety and depression, but there are many other issues which have a huge impact on a person’s life and the people around them.
Anyone who works around people with mental health problems needs to understand each condition fully. Likewise, anyone who has seen someone experience mental health problems would benefit from understanding the meaning, causes, effects, symptoms and management of the condition. This nationally recognised qualification covers all of these aspects and is the perfect place to start.
The qualification is suitable for anyone who wishes to increase their knowledge of mental health problems, the factors that cause mental ill-health and the ways that mental health problems can be managed. The course is also suitable for those who already work in this area, anyone who wants to secure a job linked to mental health and anyone who wants to gain more knowledge for personal reasons.
This course is split into thirteen manageable units:
Unit 1: Understanding mental health
Unit 2: Understanding stress
Unit 3: Understanding anxiety
Unit 4: Understanding phobias
Unit 5: Understanding depression
Unit 6: Understanding post-natal depression
Unit 7: Understanding bipolar disorder
Unit 8: Understanding schizophrenia
Unit 9: Understanding dementia
Unit 10: Understanding eating disorders
Unit 11: Understanding Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Unit 12: Understanding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
Unit 13: Understanding Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Benefits of completing this course. You will:
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Improve your skills to help create a long-standing career pathway in your chosen industry
- Choose when and where to study, as courses are delivered as distance learning
- Have the support you need to succeed, as personal tutors are assigned to you.
How will I learn?
You will study via an online platform or if preferred you can have paper booklets to research and to submit your answers.
With you every step of the way!
- Get more from your online courses, let us help you succeed with bespoke packages led by our dedicated online support team
- Occupational specialists and tutors just a click away to support you
- Access to a free online community for those suffering with adverse mental health, 24 hours a day
- Enjoy incredible discounts while you study with your NUS/Totum student card
- New to online learning? Require additional support? Let us help you with each step you take.
For more information about this course please email [email protected].