0800 0567 253
Apply for this course here:
Welcome to the T-Level in Media, Broadcast and Production at the Bristol Academy of Media, the newest offering from our media department here at South Gloucestershire and Stroud College.
The T-Level in Media, Broadcast and production is a two-year immersive program designed to prepare you for an exciting career in the dynamic world of media and broadcast production.
Our newest qualification blends classroom-based learning with industry-based work experience and gets you working with a diverse range of employers in Bristol and beyond from the very first semester. It's not just about acquiring knowledge; it's about gaining real-world skills and expertise that will set you on the path to success.
Over the span of two years, you'll find yourself in the heart of Bristol's vibrant media scene, collaborating with industry leaders and experts who will mentor and guide you. Whether you're exploring the captivating world of video production, honing your journalism skills, or diving into the intricate realm of broadcast technology, our T-level program will equip you with the practical knowledge and confidence you need to thrive in your future career.
As well as working with external clients and companies, you’ll also have access to our excellent range of media facilities on campus. You’ll be taught how to use a range of audio-visual technology from cameras, audio kits, grips, lighting and more in order to supplement your coursework. You will also have access to our TV studio and green screen room to give you the best opportunity to succeed throughout your time with us. At the college, we also work very closely with our fantastic Performing Arts and Sports Academy departments, whether that be filming games or shows, interviewing athletes and performers, or producing live streams of various events throughout the year.
You'll be part of a supportive learning community, guided by experienced educators and professionals who are passionate about your success. Through a combination of classroom learning, hands-on projects, and structured work placements, you'll develop the skills, adaptability, and industry-specific knowledge demanded by the modern media and broadcast production landscape.
How will I learn?
Students studying our T-level in Media, Broadcast and Production will be assessed through a mix of exams, coursework and employer-set projects alongside their industry placements.
5 GCSEs at grade 5 or above, including both English and maths. We will also consider students with a distinction grade in a relevant level 2 qualification. Mature students will be considered on their individual merit. All applicants will be expected to attend an interview at the college and provide a portfolio of work which showcases their previous creative work.
What are my career options?
It is expected that students from this course will be suitably prepared for entry-level employment within the creative industries, such as an apprenticeship or progression onto a degree-level course in a related discipline. Many students choose to progress onto the Media Production degree we offer at our University Centre. Many of our alumni have taken their skills into successful careers in the TV and film industries. We have been the starting point for freelance directors and videographers, award-winning independent film-makers and successful employees at large organisations like the BBC.
At SGS College, we have benefitted from working with a large range of employers across a range of media platforms. Examples of our previous clients and industry links include:
- BBC Bristol
- Global, Britain’s largest commercial radio company
- South West News Service, a news agency providing stories to the UKs biggest national and local newspapers and publishers
- Aardman Animation, the industry’s leading animation studio
- A Productions, another local animation studio
- Doghouse, a post-production studio which has worked on shows such as Antiques Roadshow and Our Changing Planet
- True to Nature, a local production company working to create nature and natural history shows
- Bottleyard, the largest Film and TV studio in the West of England
What are T-levels?
A T-level qualification is a type of vocational qualification available in England, United Kingdom. It is designed as an equivalent to 3 A-levels, giving students a more hands-on, industry focused approach to the next step of their education.
Key features of T-levels include:
- Specialisation: T-levels are highly specialised, focusing on specific industries or sectors such as health and social care, digital, construction, and more.
- Industry-Relevant Content: The curriculum is developed in collaboration with employers and industry experts to ensure that students learn the skills and knowledge needed in the workplace.
- Work Placements: A significant part of T-levels involves work placements, allowing students to gain real-world experience in their chosen field.
- UCAS Points: Successfully completing a T-level can earn students UCAS points, which can be used for university applications.
course information last updated: Wednesday 21st February 2024 @ 10.52am (10 hours ago)