0800 0567 253
Dates and Enrolment for this course here:
Please note you may only enrol on one course at a time, however you may enrol on additional courses upon completion of your current course.
This course is FREE if you qualify to be funded by the National Skills Fund
Advanced Learner Loans are available
You will be contacted to discuss your funding options following your enrolment.
You will need to understand that:
- This is a Level 3 qualification and a reasonable level of English is beneficial to completing
- The typical duration of this course is 16 weeks and self-commitment should be made to allow yourself time to provide detailed responses to the assignments.
- We recommend spending a minimum of 4-6 hours per week on this course
Are you interested in working in the health and social care or education sector? This health and social care level 3 course is ideal if you wish to develop an in-depth knowledge and understanding of autism which would support your progression into employment in the health and social care or education sector.
Today, over 700,000 people in the UK are autistic, meaning that 2.8m people have a relative on the autism spectrum. The condition affects people of all ages and while it is incurable, the right support at the right time can make an enormous difference to people's lives.
Whether you are looking to progress your career; have a family member, friend or colleague with autism; or would just like to increase your knowledge and help raise awareness, this qualification is perfect for you.
Unit 1: Autism in context
In this unit, you will cover the historical context of autism, the diagnosis and characteristics of autism, the legislative framework applicable to autism, and how autism is represented in society.
Unit 2: Positive behavioural support for individuals with autism
This unit covers behaviour within the context of autism and how to promote an autism-friendly environment. You will also learn about how to promote individual positive behavioural support and the interventions that are used in behavioural support.
Unit 3: Understand support and management of transitions for individuals with autism
In this unit, you will learn about how transitions can affect people with autism, how to support young people with autism to make the transition into adulthood, and how to support individuals with autism into employment.
Unit 4: Therapeutic interventions and support available for individuals with autism and co-occurring conditions
This unit covers the range of therapeutic interventions available to individuals with autism. You will also learn about the services available to individuals with autism and their families, and co-occurring conditions and their treatments.
Unit 5: Communication and social interaction with individuals with
In this unit, you will learn about the differences in social interactions and communications associated with autism, how communication can be adapted to support positive interactions and communication with individuals with autism, and a range of strategies and aids used to support communication and social interaction for individuals with autism.
Unit 6: Safeguarding and resilience in autism
In the final unit of this course, you will learn how to raise concerns about potential or actual harm, abuse or exploitation, how to support the health, safety and well-being of individuals, how the legislative framework safeguards children, young people and adults with autism, and about how and when restrictive practices might be used within legal guidelines.
Benefits of completing this course. You will:
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Improve your skills to help create a long-standing career pathway in your chosen industry
- Choose when and where to study, as courses are delivered as distance learning
- Have the support you need to succeed, as personal tutors are assigned to you.
How will I learn?
You will study via an online platform or if preferred you can have paper booklets to research and to submit your answers.
With you every step of the way!
- Get more from your online courses, let us help you succeed with bespoke packages led by our dedicated online support team
- Occupational specialists and tutors just a click away to support you
- Access to a free online community for those suffering with adverse mental health, 24 hours a day
- Enjoy incredible discounts while you study with your NUS/Totum student card
- New to online learning? Require additional support? Let us help you with each step you take.
For more information about this course please email [email protected].Download course information in PDF format