0800 0567 253
Dates and Enrolment for this course here:
Please note you may only enrol on one course at a time, however you may enrol on additional courses upon completion of your current course.
To meet the funding requirements of this course:
- You must be aged 19 years or over as of 31/08/2021
- You must have lived in the EU for the last three years
- You must currently reside in England
- If you are aged 19-23 and do not already hold a Full Level 2 Qualification we will need to discuss options with you prior to commencing your course.
You will need to understand that:
- This is a Level 2 qualification and a reasonable level of English is
beneficial to completing
the typical duration of this course is 12 weeks and self-commitment should be made to allow yourself time to provide detailed responses to the assignments.
- We recommend spending a minimum of 2-4 hours per week on this course
In the UK alone, there are 30,000 people with a severe learning disability whose behaviour can challenge. However, behaviour that challenges is not limited to people with learning disabilities, which is why it is vital to raise awareness and understanding of this type of behaviour and its effects.
This course will equip learners with a detailed understanding of behaviour that challenges, including how to support positive behaviour, the importance of effective communication in managing behaviour, and the role of reflection and support for those involved in incidents of behaviour that challenges.
This course is ideal for learners who wish to develop an in-depth knowledge of behaviour that challenges in order to progress into related employment in health and social care. Anyone who currently works in education or health and social care settings would also benefit from the course.
This course is split into four manageable units:
Unit 1: Understand behaviour that challenges
Unit 2: Understand how to support positive behaviour
Unit 3: Understand the importance of effective communication and the management of behaviour that challenges
Unit 4: Understand the role of reflection and support for those involved in incidents of behaviour that challenges.
Benefits of completing this course. You will:
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Improve your skills to help create a long-standing career pathway in your chosen industry
- Choose when and where to study, as courses are delivered as distance learning
- Have the support you need to succeed, as personal tutors are assigned to you.
How will I learn?
You will study via an online platform or if preferred you can have paper booklets to research and to submit your answers.
With you every step of the way!
- Get more from your online courses, let us help you succeed with bespoke packages led by our dedicated online support team
- Occupational specialists and tutors just a click away to support you
- Access to a free online community for those suffering with adverse mental health, 24 hours a day
- Enjoy incredible discounts while you study with your NUS/Totum student card
- New to online learning? Require additional support? Let us help you with each step you take.
For more information about this course please email [email protected].Download course information in PDF format