0800 0567 253
Dates and Enrolment for this course here:
Please note you may only enrol on one course at a time, however you may enrol on additional courses upon completion of your current course.
To meet the funding requirements of this course:
- You must be aged 19 years or over as of 31/08/2021
- You must have lived in the EU for the last three years
- You must currently reside in England
- If you are aged 19-23 and do not already hold a Full Level 2 Qualification we will need to discuss options with you prior to commencing your course.
You will need to understand that:
- Ths is a Level 2 qualification and a reasonable level of English is beneficial to completing
- The pical duration of this course is 12 weeks and self-commitment should be made to allow yourself time to provide detailed responses to the assignments.
- We recommend spending a minimum of 2-4 hours per week on this course
Autism is a condition which presents itself as a wide spectrum of disorders and is prevalent through the UK. People who have autistic spectrum disorders can be affected differently, with cases ranging from mild to severe.
Throughout this qualification, you will gain an understanding of the spectrum of autistic disorders and how they can affect people in a variety of ways, as well as exploring the importance of using a person-centred approach to provide support. You will also understand how to use appropriate communication skills and positive behaviour to encourage individuals with autistic spectrum conditions to live fulfilling and independent lives.
Who is suitable?
This course is suitable for anyone who wishes to develop their understanding of autism and the principles of supporting individuals to live healthy and fulfilled lives. The course will benefit anyone working or looking to work with individuals who have an autistic spectrum condition.
What you will learn
This course is split into six manageable units:
Unit 1: Introduction to autism
Unit 2: Using a person-centred approach to support individuals with autism
Unit 3: Communication and social interaction in individuals with autism
Unit 4: Sensory processing, perception and cognition in individuals with autism
Unit 5: Supporting positive behaviour in individuals with autism
Unit 6: Supporting individuals with autism to live healthy and fulfilled lives
Benefits of completing this course. You will:
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Improve your skills to help create a long-standing career pathway in your chosen industry
- Choose when and where to study, as courses are delivered as distance learning
- Have the support you need to succeed, as personal tutors are assigned to you.
How will I learn?
You will study via an online platform or if preferred you can have paper booklets to research and to submit your answers.
With you every step of the way!
- Get more from your online courses, let us help you succeed with bespoke packages led by our dedicated online support team
- Occupational specialists and tutors just a click away to support you
- Access to a free online community for those suffering with adverse mental health, 24 hours a day
- Enjoy incredible discounts while you study with your NUS/Totum student card
- New to online learning? Require additional support? Let us help you with each step you take.
For more information about this course please email [email protected]Download course information in PDF format