0800 0567 253
Dates and Enrolment for this course here:
L2 Certificate Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities Level 2 | Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities (RQF)Information Dates and Enrolment
Please note you may only enrol on one course at a time, however you may enrol on additional courses upon completion of your current course.
To meet the funding requirements of this course:
- You must be aged 19 years or over as of 31/08/2021
- You must have lived in the EU for the last three years
- You must currently reside in England
- If you are aged 19-23 and do not already hold a Full Level 2 Qualification we will need to discuss options with you prior to commencing your course.
You will need to understand that:
- This is a Level 2 qualification and a reasonable level of English is beneficial to completing
- The typical duration of this course is 12 weeks and self-commitment should be made to allow yourself time to provide detailed responses to the assignments.
- We recommend spending a minimum of 2-4 hours per week on this course
There are an estimated 1.5 million people living with a learning disability in the UK. The effects on individuals can vary widely and affect people of every age and background. Each individual with a learning disability is entitled to receive personalised and lifelong support provided by health and social care organisations and a network of carers.
This qualification will provide learners with a comprehensive understanding of issues surrounding different types of learning disabilities and how these affect individuals in their daily lives, including safeguarding, positive risk taking and an awareness of the autistic spectrum.
This qualification is suited to anyone currently working, or looking to work, with individuals who have any form of learning disability in order to enhance their knowledge and understanding of personalised care in this context.
This course is split into nine manageable units:
Unit 1: Understand the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities
Unit 2: Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
Unit 3: Introduction to personalisation in social care
Unit 4: Principles of positive risk taking for individuals with disabilities
Unit 5: Introductory awareness of autistic spectrum conditions
Unit 6: Principles of supporting individuals with a learning disability to access healthcare.
Benefits of completing this course. You will:
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Improve your skills to help create a long-standing career pathway in your chosen industry
- Choose when and where to study, as courses are delivered as distance learning
- Have the support you need to succeed, as personal tutors are assigned to you.
How will I learn?
You will study via an online platform or if preferred you can have paper booklets to research and to submit your answers.
L2 Understanding AutismLearn more
L2 Understanding Behaviour that ChallengesLearn more
L2 Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning DifficultiesLearn more
With you every step of the way!
- Get more from your online courses, let us help you succeed with bespoke packages led by our dedicated online support team
- Occupational specialists and tutors just a click away to support you
- Access to a free online community for those suffering with adverse mental health, 24 hours a day
- Enjoy incredible discounts while you study with your NUS/Totum student card
- New to online learning? Require additional support? Let us help you with each step you take.
For more information about this course please email [email protected]Download course information in PDF format
Course information last updated: Friday 31st March 2023 @ 8.02am (1 day ago)