0800 0567 253
Dates and Enrolment for this course here:
Approximately 5000 patients die as a direct result of one of these infections. In most cases, these infections are difficult to treat and can complicate any other current or previous illnesses that a patient has, as well as causing distress for the individual and their family.
Taking this course can help tackle the outbreak of infection in hospitals and healthcare settings by helping you understand the causes and spread of infection and how you can help to control it. Infection prevention is crucial to saving lives, so this course is of high importance to any existing or new healthcare employees. The information contained in the course is vital to anyone who wishes to work in the healthcare sector in the future.
This course is split into four manageable units:
- Unit 1: Principles of the causes and spread of infection in health care settings
- Unit 2: Principles of the importance of personal hygiene and health in the prevention and control of infection in health care settings
- Unit 3: Principles of decontamination, cleaning and waste management in health care settings
- Unit 4: Principles of infection prevention and control in a health care setting
Benefits for this course include;
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Study will enhance both personal skills and professional development
- The programme is delivered via distance learning, allowing you to choose where and when you study
- On average, the course should only take between 10-16 weeks to complete
- Personal tutors are assigned to each individual learner to ensure you have the necessary support needed to be successful.
How will I learn?
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. Giving you the freedom to choose your learning schedule yourself whilst still gaining certification from your chosen subject.
We recommend spending a minimum of 2-4 hours per week on this course, with the length depending on the amount of study time you allocate however, we recommend completing within 12 weeks.
We appreciate this may be a new way of learning for many of you or there may be some further support required. If you find yourself feeling less than confident and look for additional support, we want to make sure we are there to offer that little bit extra and tailor it to your needs. This may include a phone calls or emails with one of our dedicated tutors and support staff to help guide you through your course.
To study this course, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be aged 19 years or over as of 31/08/2020
- You must have lived in the EU for the last three years
- You must currently reside in England
- You understand that this is a Level 2 qualification and a level of English and Maths is beneficial to completing
- You understand the typical duration of this course is 12 weeks and self-commitment should be made to allow yourself to provide detailed responses to the assignments
For more information about this course please email [email protected].
Please be aware that some courses have fees that are payable on enrolment. More information on if this course has a fee can be found in the Availability section below.
If you require financial support including payment plans, bursaries and advanced learner loans please visit the Money Management Service section of the website.
For more information on fees please view our Fees, Charges and Refunds Policy and our Applications, Admissions and Enrolment Policy and Procedures.
This course offers simpler and safer online enrolment requests, which means in a matter of minutes you can submit an enrolment request to us. However please be aware that upon submitting your enrolment form you are not guaranteed to be accepted. A number of our courses require assessments, qualification checks or simply a conversation with you before we can confirm your enrolment.
Within 24 hours of enrolment submission you will receive an automated email notification with information on what happens next. Please add [email protected] to your safe sender list. Most email providers allow you to do this within settings/options. For full instructions simply use your chosen search engine to find instructions on how to make emails as safe.