0800 0567 253
Dates and Enrolment for this course here:
What is involved in studying this course?
You will be required to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of early years education and care, including:
- Supporting and promoting children’s early education and development, planning and providing effective care and learning that enables children to progress and prepares them for
- Making accurate and productive use of assessment, developing effective and informed practice
- Safeguarding and promoting the health, safety and well-being of children
- Working in partnership with the key person, colleagues, parents and/or carers or other professionals
To achieve this, you must achieve 64 credits from the mandatory units:
- Developing effective study skills
- Promoting partnership working with parents
- Modelling, promoting and supporting positive behaviour with children
- Principles of safeguarding policies and procedures in early years settings
- Promoting diversity, equality and inclusion in the early years sector
- Working in partnership with colleagues and other professionals in early years settings
- Planning and implementing activities, play opportunities and educational programmes in an early years setting
- Promoting children’s health and welfare in an early years setting
- Promoting the health and safety of children
- Promoting children’s speech, language and communication development
- Supporting organisational requirements for recording, storing and disclosing information and providing reports in an early years setting
- Supporting children’s creative and imaginative play and experiences
- Supporting children experiencing transitions and significant events in the early years sector
- Continuous professional development using reflective practice in the early years sector
- Child development from conception to 7 years
- Observation and assessment in the early years sector
How will I be assessed?
You will be required to complete a portfolio of evidence and will be assigned an experienced, qualified assessor who will assess your competency in the real work environment, together with your knowledge and understanding, using methods such as direct observation, oral and written questions and case studies. There are also four externally moderated City & Guilds assignments, which include a longitudinal study.
Do I need to be working to take the qualification?
Yes, you will need to be working in an appropriate setting as you need to show competence in both knowledge and skills. In some instances, volunteering or work placement may be acceptable but will need to be discussed before entry on an individual basis.
What is the age range of this qualification?
Age range gives focus to early years, with both qualifications requiring competency assessment of 0–5 years and knowledge of 0–7 years.
Is this course funded via an Advanced Learner Loan?
Yes, this course qualifies for an Advanced Learner Loan. Please visit our Money Management Service for further details.
There is no longer a requirement for Maths and English GCSEs. You will need to achieve a Level 2 functional skill if not previously attained.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION DUE TO THE IMPACT OF COVID-19
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic we may need to take a number of measures that could affect our planned delivery method. For example; planned on site delivery may take a blended approach; a mixture of classroom based and online activities. We will endeavour to ensure course information, including delivery method and pricing, is updated when changes are having to be made. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us before completing an enrolment form.
For information on how this may impact early years courses please email [email protected]
Please be aware this course has a fee that is payable on enrolment. If you require financial support including payment plans, bursaries and advanced learner loans please visit the Money Management Service section of the website.
For more information on fees please view our Fees, Charges and Refunds Policy and our Applications, Admissions and Enrolment Policy and Procedures.
This course offers simpler and safer online enrolment requests, which means in a matter of minutes you can submit an enrolment request to us. However please be aware that upon submitting your enrolment form you are not guaranteed to be accepted. A number of our courses require assessments, qualification checks or simply a conversation with you before we can confirm your enrolment.
Within 24 hours of enrolment submission you will receive an automated email notification with information on what happens next.
Course information last updated: Thursday 28th January 2021 @ 8.30am (6 hours ago)